Date: Jun 29, 2020
Location: East Moline, IL, US, 61244
Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – East Moline
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Content Analyst – 66884
This position is open to a flexible work arrangement and may be located in East Moline or remote per the hiring manager’s discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate’s background, experience and proficiency.
As a Content Analyst at John Deere World Headquarters in East Moline, Illinois, you will manage and publish web content by interacting with marketing groups, legal, other divisions and the enterprise to maintain current and relevant product and service information. In addition you will:
- Analyze existing data and content (print, electronic, survey data, etc.) to ensure that when used on the web, the content conveys a consistent tone and credible message to the online audience
- Provide guidance and support business partners and external vendors in the creation of digital marketing experiences and content to ensure that the John Deere and industry web standards are met in delivering a functional and dynamic site
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure the needs and goals of web projects are met
- Monitor quality and adherence to policies, authoring & brand standards, and guidelines on the company’s public facing web sites, escalate issues as appropriate and facilitate resolution of problems
- Serve as a primary content editor for multiple product lines within Deere’s Value Selling Navigator
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience using a content management system to build and maintain digital web content
- One or more years’ experience working with templates, grids and layout systems to support design of digital content or applications
- Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- One or more years’ experience using Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project and other Microsoft tools
- Experience in the graphic design and web design field
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with the TeamSite Content Management system
- Experience with front end coding (i.e. HTML,CSS)
- Experience with Product Information Management System such as Akeneo to manage product data
- Strong communication skills including writing, grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style
- Experience working and communicating with global business partners
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) remediation experience
- Experience using website management and reporting tools for accessibility, SEO and quality assurance (Siteimprove, BrightEdge, Conductor, Google Search Console, etc)
- Experience with UX principles & methodologies
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Management discipline, in an Information Technology discipline, in an Arts discipline or in a Marketing discipline or equivalent work experience
No relocation benefits are available for this position.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Developer, Outside Sales, Business Manager, Quality Assurance, User Experience, Technology, Sales, Management