Customer Success Manager
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated distributed team, working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
Customer Success at Prisma
As Prisma’s first Customer Success Manager you will be responsible for identifying, supporting, and building relationships with Prisma’s most intensive users (i.e. startups and businesses). You will also be responsible for reporting on customer growth in the area and act as a liaison with the Product Team.
You should have a deep passion for customer success, experience (or great interest in) working at a startup. You should be intensely proactive, there will be a lot of processes that will need to be built from scratch. You will report into the Developer Relations Department, whilst building relationships across various teams and departments.
What does a Customer Success Manager do at Prisma?
- Identify and establish relationships with key high-interest users of Prisma, by finding ways of reaching them directly and consistently.
- Create a systemised, central location of high-interest users of Prisma.
- Identify channels that are most conducive to bringing in high-interest users.
- Create processes to better track and support large enterprises and startups using Prisma.
- Coordinate across the company to advocate for user needs.
- Keep users aware of new developments at Prisma, and support their Prisma usage as the feature set evolves.
- Report on user growth to both the Developer Relations Team and the company.
- Educate users on Prisma’s commercial offering, once it is available.
What are the requirements?
We believe the successful candidate will have:
- Several (4+) Years experience in Customer Success – bonus points for enterprise and startup experience.
- Experience, or interest in, establishing a new function within a company.
- Developer Marketing experience
- A prove track-record of being a self-starter who is able to work independently.
The following experience would also be a plus:
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You’re likely to be a great fit for the team if you …
- … have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- … stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- … be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -1 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive compensation package including high-end hardware.
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley’s top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First Interview the Head of Developer Relations.
- Homework Assignment followed by a debrief with the Developer Relations Team and one or two guests.
- Team and Values Fit Interview with the Head of Engineering.
- (Potential) Meeting with the CEO and/or VP of Product.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.