We’re hiring a Node.js engineer. Your primary responsibility will be to design a GraphQL API for use in our React / Relay frontend.
We are paying $60 – $85/hr and require availability of no less than 30 hours per week.
This is an ongoing contract that requires you to work with our founding team.
You should apply if you have:
- Real-world experience with Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
- DBA experience (above average knowledge of how to design database schemas, writing and analysing queries).
Nice to have:
- React / Relay
- TypeScript or Flow
- DevOps experience (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Profile on Contra.com
What will your day-to-day look like?
- You will work to identify the requirements for the GraphQL API.
- You will design the GraphQL schema and liaise with our team to ensure a future-proof architecture.
- You will implement, test, deploy, and maintain GraphQL services.
- You will advise requirements / improvements to our existing data model / database schema.
- You will report directly to our CTO (https://twitter.com/kuizinas).
- You have real-world experience designing large scale GraphQL APIs.
- You are available at least 30 hours per week.
- You are located in a PST ±3 timezone.
- Fluent with verbal and written English.
Our interview process:
1. You will do a basic self-assessment form (no coding) (10-15 minutes).
2. You will have a non-technical (personality) interview (30-45 minutes).
3. You will have a technical interview with our CTO (https://twitter.com/kuizinas) (30-45 minutes).
4. You will get an answer within 48 hours after your interview wi