Position at Medidata Solutions
Open to Remote Employees
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Implementation Consultants (SICs) help ensure that Medidata’s software applications are implemented or enabled in accordance with Medidata standard business processes, meet client requirements and adhere to Good Clinical Data Management Practices. SICs also consult with our clients, provide guidance and make suggestions on how to best implement Medidata’s software to provide the most value.
The SICs work with Project Managers and other functional departments during the implementation or enablement of Medidata’s software applications, in addition to helping in the training, education and mentoring of colleagues. SICs are leaders of clients and internal colleagues, as well as champions of our products and processes.
- Configure Medidata software products to translate customer needs and meet customer requirements
- Adhere to best practices for implementing Medidata’s software
- Author, adapt, or agree on specifications based upon client requirements. This can include functional test cases for use in configuring and developing solutions in Medidata’s suite of products, as well as in custom integrations
- Support less experienced team members in the authoring of specifications or other activities, being accountable for quality of delivery
- Support developers and other cross functional departments during configuration or implementation of specifications
- Support cross functional departments with issue resolution
- Delivery of in-person/remote client workshops
- Work to Project Management timelines and budgets, ensuring timely completion of deliverables within the agreed scope of work
- Support customers during the user acceptance testing cycle by resolving issues, and answering questions
- Adhere to data collection and handling standards to ensure consistency and facilitate downstream processing (e.g., QC testing)
- Communicate status reports to stakeholders on both client and internal projects
- Participate in and lead internal initiatives, e.g., process improvement, product improvement, identifying best practices and developing workshop materials
- Comply with and enforce Medidata Standard Operating Procedures, processes and policies
- Assist in the scheduling of professional services resources and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Support Training Group in preparation of course materials and delivery of courses both internally and externally as needed
- Support third party vendors in defining Data Transfer Specifications
- Own multiple, complex customer facing projects
- Ability to support multi-product platform implementations
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in at least one product/solution
- Mentor/Train ICs, AICs or new employees
- Support management in achievement of business objectives outside of client deliverables
- Expert knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, standards, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integrations
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Ability to absorb and apply new information quickly
- Ability to think logically to solve complex problems
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Experience of working to Standard Operating Procedures
- Highly adaptable to changing business needs and product landscapes, maintaining a positive outlook and inspiring/motivating others
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 4-year (3-year Ex-US) university/college degree or equivalent (analytic discipline a plus)
- Masters degree preferred (analytic discipline a plus)
- Minimum 5 years experience working with clinical trials, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Prior services delivery experience required
- Prior data management or clinical trial software consulting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting project teams and meeting project timelines
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.