Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a Sr Backend Data Engineer to help us scale and keep up with rapid customer growth, and further invest in our data infrastructure and products.
- Develop and maintain a scalable data pipeline, including new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring our production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Collaborate with our business teams to improve data models that feed business insights and intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work closely with our frontend and backend engineers, product managers to deliver features.
- Evaluate open source and vendor tools for continued improvement of our capabilities.
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- You have significant experience architecting, building and maintaining data solutions for SaaS companies.
- You are a technical expert with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- You have strong knowledge of programming languages (Ruby, Python, SQL)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- You have significant relevant production experience with large scale rails applications.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You prefer taking projects from inception to completion, and are outcome oriented.
- You have a strong understanding of systems architecture, database design, and the ruby language.
- You are proactive with communication and have no problem managing your time as a remote employee.
Must-haves/ Experience with..
- Ruby on Rails 5.2
- Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- AWS, Heroku, Ansible, Digital Ocean
- Intercom, Slack, Basecamp, Google Drive
More about you:
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What’s In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance