When you apply, please make sure the subject of your email reads: “I actually read the instructions”
Who we are:
We are a group of hard core problem solving, custom code hacking, status-quo bucking, out-of-the-box thinking, genius digital gangsters breaking out the creative solutions with a vengeance and the passion of a thousand suns (covered in Tabasco sauce)…
More specifically, we are a digital marketing agency with a special focus on high-end Google Ads management and we are the BEST at what we do! We’re headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona with team members across the globe.
We have a small team of 20 rock stars, all committed to working hard to make sure our clients are successful.
What we’re looking for:
We need a new Client Manager! This is a remote (work from home) position.
Client managers need to understand Google Ads enough to interface with the technical team, answer client questions, help troubleshoot problems, and guide the campaign strategy. They don’t build or manage the campaigns, but they translate ad performance to the client, and they also translate the clients’ goals to the team who does build and manage the campaigns (the account specialists).
This unique mix of right brain (client relationship building and management) and left brain (campaign strategy and data analysis) skills makes client managers very special people. They are the lifeblood of our organization and we’re looking to find more wonderful team members who can help us grow!
The ideal candidate:
- Google Ads: Experience with Google Ads is required. You are not expected to run Google Ads campaigns (those are run by our account specialists). However, you need to know Google Ads well enough to help influence strategy as well as be the conduit between our account specialists and clients.
- Client management: The core of your job is relationship building. You need to be a person that cares deeply about helping small businesses succeed. That means managing expectations, being clear in your communication, and being willing to coach clients. You also need to be comfortable with challenging conversations and have the ability to diffuse tense situations and the foresight to navigate around potential pitfalls.
- Marketing Strategy: Your job is to learn about the client’s business and understand what they sell, who they sell to, etc. And then, guide the client towards strategies that help their ad campaigns become as profitable as possible. If this means they need to change their website, it’s up to you to realize this and recommend it to them. If this means their obsession with getting a low click-through-rate is hurting them because the quality of their website traffic is dropping (and consequently their conversion rates) it’s up to you to educate them on a better metric to base their campaign success off of.
- Problem solving: The cardinal sin at our company is asking someone a question you could have solved yourself. We need people who are willing to “figure it out” and don’t mind rolling up their sleeves. That doesn’t mean we aren’t here to support you, we are. But only when you encounter a problem that you truly can’t solve. You’re expected to bring more to the table than expected and hurdle problems, not allow them to get in your way.
Successful Client Manager personality profile:
Motivated by competition and results. You are likely a skilled, pragmatic enforcer whose focus on achievement and success can help those around you accomplish goals. You speak directly and make decisions quickly. You like to take charge in a situation and explore worthwhile, effective solutions. Your determination and confidence make you a strong leader.
Important personality traits:
What energizes you:
- Taking charge
- Ambitious goals
- Professional growth
- Competition & winning
Make sure you’re comfortable with:
- Remote working. This is a remote (work from home) position.
- All roles are contract based (1099).
- All job offers start with a 60-day trial to make sure that we’re the right fit for each other.
Truth: Everything we do requires a commitment to truth as the core principle and foundation of our company. We are data driven marketers, data is truth. If something isn’t working, we tell the client. If we make a mistake, we’re the first to bring it up and we own it. If we don’t know the answer to something, we admit it readily (and then work to figure it out!) If we disagree, we say so. Truth is the first and most important step to solving any problem.
Responsibility: How do we do more? How do we give more? How do we help each other? Responsibility requires us to constantly be looking for opportunities to go further. We don’t try to get out of work, we lean into it. You’ll never hear us say, “That’s not my job.” By being proactive with our skillset we place ourselves in a position to influence the world around us in a way that only those who understand true responsibility ever can.
Heart: It’s not enough to simply do. You also have to care. You have to care about your clients, your team mates, and yourself. You have to work like it matters, like what you’re doing means something. You need to know that you’re making an impact and understand that there are people relying on you to do what’s best for them. In some cases, these people wouldn’t know the difference which makes it even more important. We have been offered a sacred trust in helping people grow their business and so we treat their businesses as our own.
If you’re interested, please submit the following:
- A link to your resume in PDF format with the following naming convention: [Lastname.Firstname.Client-Manager.pdf]
- Details of your client management & Google Ads management experience
- A link to your completed personality quiz: https://crys.io/s/glGvRz
- Your answer to this question: if you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- Your answer to this question: What does this quote mean to you personally? “Work is love made visible” – Khalil Gibran
Submissions should go to: email@example.com
I will be looking for people who can format their submission in a way that makes it easy for us to review. Remember, in client management you want to help make it as easy on the client as possible!
Thank you for your consideration and best of luck on your job search!