HOURS: M-F, 9 am-6 pm local time
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate based on experience; Salary negotiable
- Guru seeks an experienced advertising and marketing copywriter (3-5 years in an agency setting) to join our full-time staff.
- This position will work in close partnership with Guru’s creative director, art directors and strategists to generate creative solutions across channels and mediums for brands who are impacting the world in the most conscious ways.
- This person must be well-versed in writing both for web/digital media and print/traditional channels), short-form and long-form content.
Location: We welcome your remote (but U.S.-based) location, as we are a virtual team across the United States with employees in California, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and Vermont – with hubs in Sausalito, CA, and Burlington, VT.
The priorities for this role include:
- Receiving, reviewing and researching a creative brief and discussing its strategy and objectives with a team.
- Brainstorming original big ideas and creative pathways alone and in collaboration with the creative team.
- Based on ideas and pathways, write original copy for application across multiple channels and creative assets. Present to both internal client teams and to clients.
- Researching your ideas and your copy to ensure that all the content being advertised is truthful, accurate and complies with codes of advertising practice.
- Quickly researching and inhabiting the mind set of new audiences, to assure effective communications.
- Being expert in the art and science of advertising and communications – with the intent of moving specific target audiences.
- Handling feedback impersonally and tending to copy editing and revisions in a timely way.
Guru’s copywriters must possess the following qualities:
- Be highly creative and imaginative.
- Have exceptional written and interpersonal skills.
- Work well in a team, but be self-directed enough to work alone, given our remote culture.
- Possess incredible time management skills that allow you to prioritize across multiple clients.
- Be able to work under high pressure deadlines.
- Have demonstrated experience writing for both web/digital media and print/traditional channels, short-form and long-form content.
- Know how to solidly research and present your ideas and copy.
- Have an eye for detail and copy editing experience.
- Have an interest in conscious commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
- Proven track record with a compelling portfolio of diverse work.