Director of Acquisition (Remote) | Format | Canada |Format is looking for a Director of Acquisition (remote or in Toronto) who is passionate and obsessed about achieving maximum ROI through the strategic development of consumer acquisition and retention plans. We’re looking for a strategic, creative, pragmatic and analytical leader who can break down problems and deliver impactful solutions while building a world-class team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to innovate Format’s marketing strategy and build new processes that allow your team to become experts in their craft. You will be accountable for all online marketing programs, initiatives and campaigns, including email, paid search, paid social, affiliate as well as revenue goals and budgets. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced hands-on marketer and a strong people manager, who has a combination of both B2C SaaS or e-commerce digital marketing and brand management experience.
What you’ll be working on:
- Growing New Revenue: You will lead the growth of new customer acquisition through the development of repeatable and scalable marketing plans and programs. You will lead the strategic direction of all online acquisition (SEM, affiliate, display, etc.) and retention initiatives (email, paid social, etc.). You will amplify and expand on larger brand initiatives and/or product launches with digital programs.
- Driving Data-Based Decisions: You will track and report on website metrics, advertising performance and other KPIs against targets. You will collaborate with the data team to ensure marketing has the data and the reporting tools it needs to make smart, informed, data-based decisions. You will utilize consumer insights, testing, and data to iterate on the acquisition, onboarding and sustained engagement experience. You will continue to test progressive and innovative ideas to position Format as a leader in the digital marketing space.
- Optimizing Operations: You will be responsible for crafting a clear, unique digital marketing strategy that is in line with the company’s long-term goals. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners in Product, Finance, Operations, Design & Development in order to move Digital Marketing and overall business objectives forward. You will also oversee agencies and third-party vendors to accelerate Format’s digital goals.
- Building a Winning Team and Culture: You will continually build out and support the ongoing development of a high performing and super-engaged marketing team that hits its goals and works seamlessly together. You will lead and manage our cross-functional digital marketing team that drives: lead acquisition, conversion and lead nurturing, customer marketing, social media marketing as well as our brand marketing, web design and development.
- Getting Your Hands Dirty. We are a small team and within this role we are looking for someone who is comfortable flexing between strategy and also doing the nitty-gritty execution to get the job done. Whether it’s scoping projects and requirements or helping to optimize campaigns, you are always ready to jump in and do what it takes to execute on your strategy. Over time, you may even do a little more than whats in this job description.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience in digital marketing, especially SEO, paid advertising, e-commerce marketing and marketing automation.
- 5+ years of managing direct reports, with a strong focus on fostering the professional development and growth of your team.
- You’re data-driven, a builder at heart and are inspired by creating structure from ambiguity.
- Proven experience leading high performing, highly engaged and collaborative marketing teams.
- You display a creative business acumen and lead people through all marketing operations to execute our marketing strategy and vision.
- You are skilled at using KPIs to provide actionable insights as well as determine optimizations.
- Experience connecting the dots between marketing channel budgets and goals to company P&L budgets.
- Deep experience leading marketing for direct-to-purchase, recurring revenue SaaS software, ideally in the direct-to-consumer or direct-to-SMB space.
- The ability to expertly guide and orchestrate SEO/SEM, direct, content and brand marketing.
- Mastery of the data, analytics and funnel metrics/KPIs associated with a SaaS software model.
- Proven track record of building repeatable and scalable new customer acquisition programs that meet or exceed volume and CPA targets.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the interplay of marketing, product and customer service in the design of a successful SaaS model.
- Managing and optimizing monthly and quarterly marketing spend allocation, spend accuracy and forecasting.
- Performance-driven; you have a consistent track record of achieving and exceeding personal and team goals.
- The ability to switch back and forth between strategy and execution seamlessly to prioritize and drive projects over the finish line.
- You stay abreast of the latest digital industry trends, platforms and technologies.
Some Reasons Our Team Loves Working Here:
- We strive to deliver a world-class experience for our customers by delivering exceptional work that we’re proud of.
- We emphasize a highly collaborative and egalitarian environment. Everyone builds things and collaborates across departments. The best solution can come from anywhere or anyone.
- We’re fierce defenders of a healthy work-life balance.
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and remote-work policies.
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- Our headquarter is in Toronto’s up-and-coming Tech Hub, at the creative intersection of Liberty Village/Parkdale where we have a beautiful rooftop patio (BBQ included) that our Toronto team can work from in the warmer months!
- We frequently celebrate our achievements after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny).
- We close our office the week between Christmas and New Years to give our whole team some much deserved time off with their friends and families.
- Some of our in-office perks include a large desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office Sonos speakers, catered lunches on Mondays and Fridays, and drinking as much espresso, coffee, and tea as you like.
- We have an amazing team spanning across the globe that will be eager to help you succeed in your role and grow and develop in your career. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format.
- We trust ourselves and our team to do what’s right. We empower each other and don’t micromanage.
The successful candidate must display Format’s values by:
- Making an Impact by moving fast, solving problems that matter and always striving to make things better.
- Acting with Care by showing respect, empathy, and kindness to your team and to yourself.
- Building Trust by keeping commitments, being reliable, and being accountable for your actions and the outcomes of your decisions.
- Simplifying by reducing complexity in everything you do.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. We are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.