Technical Project Manager | Edifecs | USA |
Create and manage an overall project plan (including budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements) for one or more Edifecs engagements. Monitor and report progress/changes against the plan. Drive implementation by motivating and directing the project team, a team which may include cross functional departments, third-party vendors, partners, and the client. Act as primary interface with the client regarding identifying needs, developing proposals, deliverables, changes, and sign-off on status and requirements. Identify and communicate opportunities for new business.
Able to lead, support and participate on large/complex project teams. Has subject matter knowledge of relevant implementation responsibility. Has a good understanding of client’s business processes and systems. Has specific experience in implementing Edifecs solutions. Has the ability to sell and negotiate with clients as well as internally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to ensure appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet client and Edifecs requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people in project team, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of selling to clients.
- Interacting with client managers to understand client needs. Seeking and providing clarification on implementation methodology, time framework, specs, etc.
- Persuading / influencing client managers to follow the Edifecs implementation methodology
- Influencing decisions that can lead to more sale of company products or services
- Build strong relationships with client managers at the Director level
- Engage & educate client managers on the products and solutions provided by Edifecs
- Explaining the client needs to other team members
- Understanding SI related issues and helping resolve then with the SI company
- Work involves implementing company products
- Identify and solve problems without assistance and guidance
- Understanding and applying company policies and procedures
- Lead teams to deliver projects on time and within budget
REQUIRED SKILL SET & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- PMI Certification preferred
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in techno – functional & commercial role
- 3 years’ experience in multidimensional issue resolution
- 5 years project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to set directions for a project team
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team
- Ability to build strong relationship across the clients leadership team and within Edifecs
- Ability to manage small to medium size projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence client leadership and Edifecs leadership
- Ability to work under pressure without getting flustered
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply company policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical, prioritization and collaboration skills in partnering with other internal groups
- Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients.