As an innovative Food-Tech leader, FreshRealm provides a platform solution from end to end that enables our food industry partners to deliver fully-prepped meal kits, ready-to-eat meals and more — to doorsteps and store shelves.
FreshRealm is looking for leaders that want to deliver fresh thinking and support a healthier way of living for all. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you will have the ability to work with some of the country’s largest retailers, drive change through thoughtful on-boarding and sales process design and directly impact customer success and retention, FreshRealm may be the perfect place to call your career home.
Sr. Director, Retail Sales- FreshRealm – Remote/Field Base Position
The Sr. Director of Retail Sales will be responsible for the creation and execution of the overarching retail (grocery/club/drug) sales strategy, annual sales plan and budget, new business targets and strategy, analysis of customer and SKU profitability, high level customer relationships and contracts, guidance of inside and outside teams, and trends in the marketplace.
Reporting to the VP Sales & Marketing, the SDRS also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
Responsibilities and Activities
Sales Planning & Forecasting: Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the Company.
Sales Process: Identifies opportunities for sales process improvement including lead generation, sales cycle optimization and communication protocol. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
Data Insights & Analysis: Works closely with the Finance team to analyze POS, syndicated and internal data sets, and develop meaningful insights that increase sales. Meaningful data insights include, NPD recommendations, competitive insights, promotion planning and pricing considerations.
Sales Reporting: Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports, assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed. Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
Manage Team: Builds, develops, and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives. Reviews ongoing performance results and identifies needs of employees. Implements coaching or mentoring partnerships as appropriate.
Stakeholder Management: Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
Analyzes effectiveness of marketing/promo activities and makes improvements where necessary.
Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives, and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Deep Buyer Relationships: established network with Tier 1 retailers (Kroger, Walmart/Sams, Albertsons, TJ, Costco, Ahold, Target
- Fresh Food Sales Experience: Absolutely requires short shelf life fresh food sales experience. Deli/Prepared Foods and Meat & Seafood preferred.
- Highly Organized: Detail oriented to ensure process, reports and data management are executed flawlessly
- Multi-task: Willingness to change gears at a moment’s notice, and to juggle many projects at once
- Project Management: Ability to manage an entire project from conception to execution and debrief.
- Physical: Capable of lifting 40 pounds, standing for extended periods of time, and working in outdoor environments.
- Administrative: Familiar with MS Office programs, Google docs, and Sales Force.
- Must be a strong team leader who is committed to the organization’s objectives.
- Knowledge of fresh food costing with analytical capabilities to understand margin requirements and enhancement opportunities
- Must be able to get results by motivating others.
- Must be able to manage and organize multiple projects and departments.
- Must be able to think strategically and develop long-term plans and relationships.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Business development, product development, market research, promotions, customer service and public relations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Four-year college degree from an accredited institution. Sr. Sales or Sales management experience in a fresh food retail sales environment. Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives. PC proficiency.
FreshRealm, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of FreshRealm, LLC.