At iFit, we do remote teams right. Join a great company that is growing fast and ensures the right work/life balance.
iFit empowers people to change their lives and achieve sustainable, healthy results. iFit’s focus is to connect everybody to everything fitness. We believe a healthy lifestyle should be fun, so we constantly push the limits to bring our customers state-of-the-art products that will help them in every aspect of their lives.
iFit is made up of a group of visionary programmers, marketers, and fitness enthusiasts who strive to make working out an immersive, entertaining experience. We’re the technology on top brands, like NordicTrack, ProForm, Free Motion, and more. If you’re passionate about technology, fitness, and marketing, this is the job for you.
We are seeking a talented Copywriter to join our team of copywriters in continuing to wordsmith epic content across all platforms. We write compelling copy for iFit’s websites, emails, ads, blog, packaging, brochures, presentations, and more! There is also a heavy amount of editing involved, so familiarity with AP style is essential. The work is interesting, diverse, challenging, and fast paced. Position reports to the Copy Team Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell products through the power of words
- Prioritize and write copy for websites, brochures, product collateral, and all other marketing materials
- Develop an in-depth understanding of iFit product offerings
- Ensure the grammatical accuracy of copy prior to production
- Edit copy once it has been included in a design project
- Concept copy strategies with designers, email marketers, and social media experts
- Maintain grammatical standards that are consistent with the company’s mission
- Accept other writing tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Must have previous experience writing to a consumer audience
- Must have a B.A. or B.S. in related field or equivalent experience
- Must possess excellent grammatical and punctuation skills
- Must have a flexible work schedule for projects that go beyond 9–5
- Ability to effectively and accurately present information to customers, coworkers, and managers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Typical office environment.
We’re a group of talented designers, developers, marketers, and sales associates that are part of the larger, 2,000+ ICON Health & Fitness corporation. We have the flexibility and feel of a startup company with the security and benefits you would find in a broader corporate environment. iFit is comprised of both on-site and remote employees. We are headquartered in Logan, UT and you are welcome to work from the office or mostly anywhere else in the US (there are a few exceptions). We are very experienced and comfortable working in a remote-friendly environment. We currently use Slack, Zoom, and Google to keep our communication alive and engaged!
Reports to the Copy Team Lead. Accountable for the quality and creativity of the written word produced from iFit’s marketing department.
- Excellent health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k match
- Excellent PTO
- MacBook Pro and external monitor
- A cell phone of your choice + monthly phone plan
- Free piece of fitness equipment of your choice
- Semi-annual team meet-ups
- Continuing education opportunities
- Highly competitive salary and compensation package
- Yearly performance/pay evaluation
List of states we are able to hire in: AZ, AR CA CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.