Software Test Engineers work with dedicated product teams to ensure that our products deliver against our customers’ unmet needs. They function as ambassadors of quality within the team instilling a testing mindset to improve the overall quality and team velocity. They are responsible for ensuring our software functions the way it is intended by creating automated testing plans and strategy, creating and executing various forms of automated testing, coaching software engineers, and Associate Software Test Engineers to create and execute various forms of automated testing, and solving complex issues. They work side by side with software engineers to improve overall software quality and recommend opportunities for improvement.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
During the first six months, you will:
- Work with Product Analysts to create thorough testing plans and strategy for automated testing
- Utilize, extend and create new automated testing frameworks
- Perform exploratory testing on the product to understand its testing challenges
- Create various forms of automated testing, of medium to high complexity
- Coach software engineers and Associate Software Test Engineers to create various forms of automated testing. Help the team identify and use appropriate methods of testing.
- Exercise manual and automated security tests in order to find gaps in security coverage
- Solve complex testing issues
- Monitor state of quality, raising awareness and resolution of gaps in quality
- Drive the team and organization toward implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Actively participate in sharing knowledge, including strong participation in Community of Practice discussions
- 3+ years of experience in testing software
- Demonstrated experience building tests from scratch without an existing framework
- Working knowledge of an object-oriented language (preferably C#)
- Experience writing SQL queries including joins
- Experience testing consumer-facing web applications
- Deep knowledge of software testing best practices in an agile environment
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery