Cohabs is a fast-growing co-living startup currently active in Brussels and New York. We buy, renovate, and operate beautiful houses located in the liveliest parts of town. These shared houses offer extensive communal spaces for the 15-20 members to share a meal together, watch a movie, work out or simply lay back after a hard day’s work. The community formed within the houses, and the houses with one another, is what we take the most pride in.
Started just over 3 years ago, we are expanding rapidly and now opening up a handful of key first roles within the company. We recently closed a 15M€ round to keep on charging forward. Join a team of bright, relentless entrepreneurs and help us craft the future of living.
We are looking for a second full-stack engineer with a strong focus on the back-end to support us in adapting our website, mobile app, and internal back-office to the US market. Being among the first developers, you are expected to have an impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is autonomous, driven, and highly excited by the project. We expect a high level of attention to details and implementation on the customer-facing interfaces, internal tooling, even back-end APIs.
This is a 2-month contract with possibility to convert long term. The position is fully remote. We expect you to be based in Europe or at least in the same time zone.
- Implement new projects and features (front-end, back-end) from concept to completion
- Troubleshoot and debug existing applications
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve our current applications
- Collaborate with back-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build and improve code across the entire stack. Quality is not a trade-off.
- Contribute to building our engineering team: participate in technical reviews, architecture, design systems
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong React.js and Node.js experience
- Working knowledge of React Native and Redux-Saga not necessary but encouraged
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs, HTML/CSS and ES6
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Some experience with CI/CD (Fastlane would be a plus)
- Previous experience at a fast-paced tech startup
- Full working proficiency in English
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 🇪🇺 EU-only