IBTS is currently recruiting for a Writer to join our dynamic Business Development and Marketing team. Applicants should have excellent writing skills, with strengths in creating content that is audience-specific, well-organized, concise, and compelling; an ability to write about technical subjects and unfamiliar topics; strong research skills, including interviewing and desk research; and the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Working with the Marketing team to:
- Brainstorm, develop, research, and write content for both traditional and digital platforms, including marketing collateral, press releases, case studies, articles, blog posts, social media content, webpages, webinars, letters, and emails.
- Assist with written market research deliverables, including reports, presentations, case studies, and literature reviews.
- Lead and assist with miscellaneous writing, editing, proofreading and creative tasks across divisions and for client-facing projects.
- Working with the Business Development and Proposal team to:
- Write technical/management content, as well as lead resume and past performance content when needed.
- Apply interpersonal and elicitation skills to gather concepts, solutions, processes, approaches and strategies from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Collaboratively develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections that translate complex ideas into easily understandable text
- Commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Strong writing skills for a variety of platforms and subjects
- Strong critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a collaborative environment
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energetic personality
- Ability to develop crisp, creative, attention-getting content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Desire to learn new skills and subjects
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in English, communications, journalism, or other relevant field
- 2+ years of experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading
- Demonstrated ability to deliver well-written, audience-specific materials
- Significant proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new software platforms
- Ability to manage time and deliverables under tight deadlines
- Spanish skills a significant plus
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities, and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, Puerto Rico, and Washington DC, as well as numerous remote staff located across the country.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. This opportunity is open to Section S3 Residents. Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.