BuddyBoss specializes in building software for Online Communities, Membership sites and eLearning.
BuddyBoss products are used to power over 50,000 websites.
The company also works with startups, influencers, enterprise clients and non-profit organizations to create highly scalable solutions that cater to thousands and millions of users.
The team is distributed with over 80 members spread over 11 countries.
The company is looking for a talented web project manager with great project management skills and expertise in WordPress.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing WordPress client projects from initial concept to completion
- Help with initial project scoping, estimating and strategy
- Collaborate with the team to keep projects on scope, on time and within budget
- Managing budget, quality, and all project deliverables, in correlation with the project timeline, budget hours and scope.
- Monitor, track, and report on overall schedule of projects
- Provide regular reports to all internal and client stakeholders on project status
- Administer quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle, including planning of review activities and scheduling of formal test execution via our QA team
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with client
- Delegate work to development team and provide guidance as needed
- Communicate, problem solve and collaborate with team about risks, issues and opportunities
- Perform regular risk assessments on projects and proactively plan strategies to minimize and mitigate risk
- Provide suggestions on methodology, processes, and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Keep team highly motivated and help us build high levels of client satisfaction
- Perform accurate initial project set-up and tracking through our project management tool (Trello) and our time tracking system (Harvest)
- Prepare final updates for each phase, with supporting screenshots and video demos, for client and/or project owner
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or Web Technologies or equivalent
- Expertise in WordPress architecture, components, development and technical vocab (You don’t need to be a developer, although previous developer experience is a big plus)
- Ability to provide expert advice to clients and put together a project scope and strategy
- Ability to motivate a team of creative and technical specialists to do their best work
- Ability to understand technical as well as business requirements
- Capable of juggling multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Able to lead client meetings, express complex information and make decisions together with the team
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence at every level
- Experience in web development Agency environment
- Leadership skills and business acumen with a desire to contribute to the continued growth and development of the company
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and exceptional presenter
- Actively keeps abreast of web and PM industry developments