GooseChase is a rapidly growing, fully remote web and mobile platform for creating and facilitating scavenger hunts. Through our website, organizers create custom “hunts” for anything from on-boarding new employees, touring museums, engaging at festivals, educating students and more! Participants can compete as teams or individuals to submit photo/video, text or GPS based missions through our native Android and iOS apps.
The key aspects of our platform are:
- Game Manager (Web): The game manager is where game organizers create and manage their scavenger hunt games. We have an incredible number of different use cases for our platform, with various levels of organizer experience, making this a crucial interface for us to get right!
- iOS & Android Apps: When someone participates in a GooseChase, they do so using our native mobile applications. The primary flows here are (i) finding & joining the right game, (ii) completing the missions via photos, videos, text responses & GPS check-ins, and (iii) staying up to date & engaged in the game via direct messages, announcements and bonuses from the game organizer. People can get very competitive when playing, so creating a seamless experience that doesn’t get in the way makes a big difference.
Because of the flexibility and ease-of-use of our product, we have successfully powered game types ranging from festival-wide competitions, with thousands of dollars in prizes, to K-12 classroom lessons on government types, featuring gummy bears to help demonstrate the differences between a dictatorship and a democracy!
Seeing the different ways the product can be used, and the joy it creates in those who participate is an incredibly rewarding experience & is something we’d love to share with you as well! You’ll also be having a major impact as our apps have been responsible for ~10M submissions in the last year alone!
- Fully remote work – work whenever/wherever/however you want. Competitive compensation & benefits, including stipends for equipment, co-working spaces, etc.
- Join a company that is profitable & growing quickly, but still prioritizes doing the right thing above all else.
- Significant learning opportunities – whether it’s learning about other parts of the business or taking on more responsibility, we expect everyone on the team to be continually looking to grow.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work with our Lead Product Designer as part of our growing design team. You’ll have the opportunity to research & create new, exciting features for our game organizers & participants. You will work closely with our customers and collaborate with our product & revenue teams to ensure we’re building the right thing in a beautiful, usable way.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being familiar and up-to-date with existing platform functionality and the use cases our customers have for those features.
- Taking ownership of ideas all the way from the initial prototype phase to the final high-fidelity mockups phase and conducting the required customer & internal stakeholder research to get there.
- Participating as an integral member of the product team – we’re looking for someone who will readily work with the engineering team to understand existing design patterns for cost-effective development, while still prioritizing user delight!
- Collaborating with the marketing team to create and design a mesmerizing story that immerses our customers in their journey through the product.
- Working under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The candidate for this position must have:
- 3+ years of product or UI/UX design experience.
- A strong portfolio that highlights your ability to take concepts & turn them into highly usable, beautiful designs that achieve the desired business goals.
- An ability to take ownership of work, maintaining high standards of design quality despite limited supervision.
- Experience with standard design tools such as Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills – as you may be occasionally writing customer-facing copy, there’s a strong preference for native or near-native fluency in English.
- Regular working hours within the UTC-8 (PST) to UTC+2 (CEST) time zones to ensure sufficient overlap with our distributed product team.
Although not required, it would be a big plus if the candidate:
- Had past experience working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- A passion for great stories!
- UTC-8 to UTC+2 (Americas/Europe/Africa)