Apartment Therapy Media is looking for an awesome Senior Engineer to join our Platforms Team. This full-stack software engineer will have a passion for experimentation and discovery and will help evolve the next generation of our publishing and distribution platforms with an eye toward usability, scalability and maintainability. You might be located in NYC or might join our highly distributed team from wherever you reside. You have the experience of building numerous products and are seeking to take the next step on your path to technical leadership.
You are passionate about coding and constantly improving the team’s ability to deliver high quality products to a growing and passionate customer base. You are motivated by the challenge to create scalable, resilient, high-performance software that results in product experiences second to none. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to describe technical direction to non-technical colleagues as well as a team of technically savvy developers.
You encourage and welcome open communication and enjoy providing technical mentorship to a team of software developers. With plenty of support, you’re comfortable proposing high-level code decisions with solid reasoning to back them up. You’ve shipped a variety of projects into a production environment and have a deep understanding of how modern web applications live in the wild.
- Coding! Architect, build and maintain products that delight millions of customers. You are responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivery and supporting multiple applications.
- Mentorship! Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Successful and on-time delivery of resilient software products.
- Advocate and promote good software practices and support of technical standards.
- Critical, constructive participation in code review and constant improvement of standards of documentation and communication.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality. Day-to-day support of platform availability and performance standards.
- Produce and deliver high quality, maintainable, software.
- Coding standards that strike a balance between performance and time to ramp up new developers. We want new team members deploying features on day one
- 5+ Years experience developing and architecting web / software product.
- Extensive experience developing in Python (particularly Microservices, GraphQL/Graphene and NoSQL/Document databases). Specific knowledge of Google App Engine and Google Datastore a plus..
- Understand and some experience with Big Data/Machine Learning tools (e.g. MapReduce, Apache Beam, Big Query, PANDAS, scikit-learn)
- Familiarity with Front End development especially Node/React
- Understanding of source control, development and deployment workflows.
- Experience practicing and implementing continuous delivery (especially) / Lean / Agile processes.
- Demonstrated grasp of functional and object oriented programming patterns and algorithms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building CMS and/or marketplace/commerce platforms a plus.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) or equivalent work experience.
- 🇺🇸 US-only