Are you an experienced Python and Django software engineer? Do you love building SaaS APIs and apps? Does building new features, squashing bugs, and continuously improving quality challenge you? Does legacy code make you want to refactor it to current best practices and standards? Does performance and making the web better, faster, and lighter excite you? Do you have a knack for teamwork with people from different backgrounds and skills? If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you. 🤩 We are looking for a friendly person in love with Python, Django, web performance, microservices, reusable code libraries, and quality to join our Product Software Engineering team. 🚀 Keep reading for more details! 📝
Become Our New Software Engineer!
In your job as a Software Engineer, your primary focus will be building new features, fixing bugs, optimization, and continuously improving our SaaS products. WP Media is the French company behind successful WordPress plugins like WP Rocket and Imagify. WP Rocket is the premium caching plugin for WordPress used by +1,000,000 websites and +120,000 customers worldwide. Our plugin makes sites go at the speed of light in just a few clicks. Imagify is our free image optimization service, including a free WordPress plugin: we have already optimized more than 2,000,000,000 images! 😲 You will join our Product Software Engineering Team, which is spread across the Canada, Egypt, Nicaragua, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and U.S. To facilitate this international teamwork, we require you to work in within one of these time zones GMT+2 to GMT-2. We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map! 🌍
What You Will Be Doing:
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- Contribute to building, testing, and maintaining our SaaS products, APIs, and apps including new features, optimizations, bug fixes, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Scope, contribute to, and collaborate on technical solutions and specifications for each user story in our backlog.
- Join our the cross-functional Scrum Team in each sprint to pull in ready-to-build user stories and get each built, tested, demoed, and ready to ship
- Review pull requests to ensure each meets our standards, achieves the desired feature epic, story, or fix outcome, and does not cause side-effects
- Seek opportunities to make our products run faster, be easier to maintain, and be more reliable, robust, and scalable
- Collaboratively contribute to our code libraries, code reviews, process improvements, and technical decisions. During this journey, you will get cross-training and growth opportunities by working with your teammates on internal projects.
Work comfortably within GMT+2 to GMT-2 time zone range, prefer European time zones. Be a strong written and spoken English communicator. Why? Though we are a global company, English is our company’s working language. We require strong communication to ensure everyone can understand one another and collaborate well together. Strong agile SaaS product engineering experience specializing in Python and Django.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
Being Yourself. The WP Media team is diverse and composed of people from all over the world. Respect, collaboration, and inclusivity are some of our core values (more on this below). Every day of work is an exciting opportunity to get in touch with fantastic people who will enrich your cultural and professional background.
Proficient knowledge of English. Empathetic and collaborative communication is key: you are comfortable writing, speaking, and listening in English with technical and non-technical teammates.
Passion and humbleness. You are a skilled, passionate, and humble engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive. Solving problems and building solutions that help people are the values that make your work special and rewarding.
Considering how your work impacts others. Your code is a pleasure to use, read, and understand. When working in the codebase, you leave things better than when you found them. You value personal growth and constructive feedback. People feel good around you because you love sharing what you know while continuously improving yourself, remaining thoughtful and flexible in your approach.
Proven Django API expertise. You are a skilled Django API engineer. You’ve built, maintained, scaled, and continuously improved APIs. You follow agile processes in collaborating during sprints with the rest of the team.
Do you want to know a few other things we appreciate about our candidates? Don’t worry if you don’t have experience in any of these areas. We’ll teach you.
* Worked in agile development, preferably Scrum. We are an agile development team using the power of Scrum and 2-week sprints to focus our energies and efforts. You have experience working in an agile environment either with XP or Scrum. You love self-organizing, empowered Scrum teams. No experience in Scrum? Don’t worry. We’ll coach you. * Automated testing. You have experience with automated testing, i.e. unit, integration, and maybe even e2e acceptance testing. You value how granular tests prove that your code works as expected even in unexpected conditions. Never built tests before? We’ll teach you a testing mindset and how to leverage automated testing suites to improve your code, our products and our libraries. * Previous freelance or remote job experience. Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place. * Know the web performance. We will train you for this, and we will always have your back, don’t worry! But if you already have experience with web performance optimization, let us know. 😉 * The involvement in the software community. We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at conferences, and to volunteer within the community. * Love for cats or Corgis! 😸🐶 What would our working days be without our four-legged friends?
What Else You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity. These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Healthy balance between work and private life. We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and their hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy (you should take a minimum of 5 weeks per year: really, we don’t count them!).
We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk. You can organize your working day with flexible working hours. There are no time cards to stamp, just customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with!
Transparent culture. We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
We like to see each other in person whenever possible. Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, and Mexico:
Now that we’ve told you so much about us, it’s your turn. 😉 Let us know why you would like to become our Software Engineer and why you think you are the person we are looking for. We can’t wait to receive your application! 🌟
- 🌏 Worldwide