Carb Manager is the #1 diet and fitness app for people on low carb and Keto diets, available on iOS, Android, and the web. Altogether, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and achieve their health goals. We consistently rank over 4.8/5 on the iOS App Store and Google Play with over 500,000 reviews. Check out our hashtag on Instagram, with thousands of enthusiastic posts!
We’re growing rapidly. 2020 was a breakout year for Carb Manager, and we’re soon launching a whole new version of our app. It’s an exciting time!
About Our Company
Carb Manager is fun and casual, with a strong “start-up” vibe, though our product has an 11-year history. We chit chat, send GIFs, discuss current affairs, TV shows, and share pet photos 🐓 in our Slack channels.
We’ve always been a 100% remote company.
This is a fantastic company to work for that puts employees first and offers:
- The benefits of a remote lifestyle
- The reach and impact of an established brand
- The energy and dynamism of a startup
- The stability of a profitable company with strong financials
- A creative, entrepreneurial, friendly, and supportive culture
- The ability to make a real, positive impact in the world
- Competitive pay
- Yearly company retreats (post-pandemic)
- Direct access to the founder/CEO
- The ability to create and define your role
- Growth potential
- Paid subscriptions to any tools or services required to crush it in your role
- Of course, free subscriptions to Carb Manager Premium
Full-time positions include:
- Health/dental/vision benefits
- 401(k) (available in the US)
- Generous paid time off and public holidays
We are open to filling this position on either a full-time or part-time basis.
As part of a team that acts as the primary point of contact between our company and our customers, the role of the Customer Support Specialist is truly vital. We’re looking for an amazing person who can provide thoughtful, empathetic, and technically sound support and advice to our customers, whether they are just starting out, have encountered a problem, or just want to provide feedback. This role requires a mix of tech savvy, writing talent, communication skills, and the ability to easily convey technical information to a general audience.
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way within our help desk software, Intercom
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Facilitate customer success: Help customers achieve their goals
- Contribute to written external and internal knowledge base content, which may include translation and localization support
- Analyze and report product bugs and usability problems
- Update our internal tools with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Monitor customer feedback on social media and reach out to provide assistance
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionality
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Proven record of customer support expertise
- Keen interest in helping people achieve success with lifestyle and diet goals
- Tech savvy, with the ability to quickly understand and problem solve technical issues
- Superbly patient and empathetic
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experienced and comfortable using a variety of apps, ranging from customer support platforms to team communications, performance, and project management tools. We use Intercom, Slack, Zoom, GSuite, Notion, Klaus, and Document360.
- Excellent command of English, with impeccable writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a small, globally distributed, remote company, that values fun and productive team communications
- Flexible and capable of adapting to the needs of a fast-growing company
In addition, these qualities would be a plus:
- Fluency in a language other than English, especially Spanish or French
- Formal technical writing training and/or experience
- An interest in nutrition in general, and Keto in particular
- Advanced technical skills, such as web development, QA testing, or data analytics
Since we are a remote team, you’ll need to have:
- Your own dedicated workspace
- High-quality Internet access
- A regular schedule that fits your situation but is flexible to cover gaps and to participate in team and company meetings in real-time. We’re headquartered in the U.S. west coast.
Candidates must be based and authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada.
- United States and Canada