Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people’s minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we’re looking for an experienced Android engineer who has a passion for building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in software that helps its users. You’ll lead the continued Android development of our flagship app, Elevate. In our collaborative environment, you’ll also work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in the US or Canada.
What you’ll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering on results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to build great user experiences
- Own major features and components, iterating on them while maintaining product polish
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in service design and implementation with a focus on reliability
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in Android app development
- You have shipped at least one Android app
- Proficient with Java
- Experience implementing unit tests and with development methods that support automated testing
- Experience with writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- You stay up to date with the latest android development news and technologies
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with Dagger & RxJava
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with C++, Python, and/or Ruby
- Experience building complex animations
- Experience with TeamCity
- Interests in test-driven development and software development best practices
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
Benefits & perks
- Remote first environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you (covered at 100%) and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.