At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with over thirty percent of our team working from their home office in United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
The WordPress Contract Developer will work with the website localization team and additional third parties (LSP and eMagine) to set up www.mastercam.com to translate site content through the WPML and XTM connector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with eMagine and the LSP (our 3rd party providers) to produce a process for localization on mastercam.com.
- Identify, verify and implement changes that need to occur on mastercam.com for localization to work.
- Conduct WordPress Client Training to replicate the localization process
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Advanced Knowledge/Proficiency in WordPress, WPML, and XTM. (equivalent to 5-7 yrs. exp)
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS, with a demonstrated understanding in PHP.
- Proven, Direct experience managing the back-end development of a WordPress site with specific experience with the linkages between the site, the connectors and the databases and servers
- Prior experience with Set-up and implementation of WordPress sites which were then localized through WPML and/or XTM.
- Prior experience with localizing pages with blocks that use the Advanced Custom Fields and Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual
- Prior experience working directly with (and potentially leading) multiple vendors to identify, define, and implement a common solution/framework.
- The ability to articulate complex information in an easy to understand, concise manner to multiple stakeholders in real time.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.