Market America, a Global Product Brokerage and Internet Marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing; is seeking an experienced Product Manager – Search Relevancy.
As the Product Manager for Search, you are responsible for defining the vision and roadmap for ranking and relevance and executing against it. You will work with domain specialists and engineers to improve the search experience on multiple, global, applications. You will work closely with design teams to deliver compelling search experiences. You will be expert in blending retrieval, relevancy and personalization to help our customers find the products and information that delights them. You will closely partner with engineering, design, marketing, product and merchandising, to create an industry leading search experience!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a search relevancy roadmap
- Leads a diverse team to effectively design and develop great software.
- Coordinates team members’ workloads to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Collaborates with members of project team in agile development environment to effectively develop specifications, feasibility analysis, testing requirements, and deployment.
- Creates, documents, and implements test plans, scripts, and tests to ensure optimal functionality. Document changes according to the company’s standards.
- Provides recommendation for system improvements.
- Manages and direct technical personnel.
- Collaborates with product managers, designers, and other members of the project team to conceive features and functionality, identify requirements specification, conduct feasibility analysis, and determine testing requirements, and project scheduling.
- Provides troubleshooting support for production systems.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and performs other duties as needed.
Manages, supervises and directs a team of 6 or more Software Engineers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Previous lead or management experience
- 8 + years experience Product Management
- 5+ years experience of search technologies (elasticsearch / SOLR)
- Experience with ecommerce
- Hands on experience developing ranking algorithms
- Or a combination of equivalent experience, education, and training.
- Proficiency in SQL, Search query language
- Familiarity working with large data sets highly desirable.
- Above moderate levels of English speaking, writing, and reading comprehension; active listening; critical thinking; problem solving; analysis; programming; troubleshooting; leadership; and judgment.
Market America offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position will work remotely. We are not able to sponsor for this role.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Market America | SHOP.COM is changing the way people shop and changing the economic paradigm so anyone can become financially independent by creating their own economy and converting their spending into earning with the Shopping Annuity®.
ABOUT MARKET AMERICA, INC. & SHOP.COM
Currently in its 27th year, Market America, Inc. is a global product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in one-to-one marketing and is the creator of The Shopping Annuity. Its mission is to provide a robust business system for entrepreneurs, while providing consumers a better way to shop. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, the company was founded in 1992 by Chairman and CEO JR Ridinger and has generated over $8.5 billion in accumulated sales. Market America employs approximately 1,000 people globally with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Through the company’s primary shopping website, SHOP.COM, consumers have access to approximately 60 million products, including Market America exclusive brands and thousands of top retail brands. Market America’s revolutionary Shopping Annuity program, which helps shoppers convert their existing everyday spending into earning, is an extraordinary and financially meaningful benefit of the business. Internet Retailer has ranked SHOP.COM #65 in the 2018 Internet Retailer Top 1000, the #36 largest global online marketplace in the 2019 Internet Retailer Top 100 Online Marketplaces Database, #96 in the Internet Retailer Asia 500 and the 18th fastest growing Internet Mobile Retailer. The company is also a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, was ranked 8th in the 2018 Grant Thornton North Carolina Top 100® (NC100) and received 2018’s Triad Business Journal’s “Fast 50” award as one of the top privately-held companies for sustained growth, driving the area’s economy. By combining Market America’s entrepreneurial business model with SHOP.COM’s powerful comparison shopping engine, Cashback program, Hot Deals, SHOPBuddy™, Express Pay check out, social shopping integration and countless other features, the company has become the ultimate online shopping destination.
For more information, please visit http://www.marketamerica.com or http://www.SHOP.COM