Director of Product Marketing, Industries & Solutions | Medallia | USA |Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is “just an engineer” or “just a salesperson.” We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.The RoleThe Product Marketing team ensures that Medallia is at the forefront of Experience Management, that our solutions are differentiated, and we have a winning go to market strategy. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Industry & Solutions Marketing, the Director of Industry/Solutions Product Marketing will oversee Medallia’s vision, messaging, content creation, go-to-market strategy and sales enablement into key industries/verticals segments.In this role, you’ll own the GTM vision/strategy for 1 to 2 industries plus lead a small team of high-performing product marketers focused on building and developing Medallia’s market presence and product adoption across industries and solutions. You will work cross-functionally and interface with sales, product, marketing, operations and solution leaders to define new processes and establish joint initiatives that enable Product Marketing to scale, perform and deliver on objectives and key results.
- Deliver creative and compelling messaging that clearly articulates and reinforces Medallia’s unique brand and value proposition specifically for 1 to 2 core industries and its associated buyer personas and use cases.
- Partner across broader marketing team and vertical stakeholders to build and execute an industry growth plan to drive awareness and demand for Medallia by verticals and solutions.
- Support industry-specific demand generation campaigns by creating high-value content like white papers, eBooks, solution briefs, webinars, landing pages and blogs.
- Deliver industry-specific sales training content and assets like solution sheets, brochures, emails and demo videos to help sales accelerate pipeline growth and conversion.
- Partner with product management and industry-specific architects to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing assets.
- Develop market/competitive positioning and rationale to demonstrate how Medallia works and excels for your vertical. Partner with sales to differentiate against competition and accelerate opportunities.
- Manage a small team of product marketers also focused on industry and solutions GTM strategy, messaging, strategy, content and execution.
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders.
- 8+ years product marketing experience, or related, in tech or SaaS environment with understanding of software/hardware
- 3+ years of experience building and leading a team of individual contributors.
- Demonstrated track record of marketing technical innovations to users and buyers, and creating product narratives and positioning products in compelling ways
- Demonstrated experience influencing without authority, including senior management
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and summarizing data with actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant practical experience
- 2 years enterprise software industry experience (CRM, Marketing Automation, BI or similar). Experience with enterprise systems, manufacturing and high-tech is a plus.
- Strong sales and customer orientation with a passion for software products
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- MBA or other equivalent advanced degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.