Principal Cloud Architect at Ultimate Software are hybrid Network/System Architects that have a breadth of knowledge encompassing all aspects of cloud computing and service delivery. They develop cloud solutions to enhance, harden and support our service delivery processes. They have expertise in many disciplines such as building and managing cloud infrastructures, automated testing, security and compliance, capacity planning, performance analysis, monitoring, alerting, chaos engineering and auto remediation. They also understand software delivery to the cloud and the tools and processes that empower efficient and resilient delivery.
Principal Cloud Architect at Ultimate Software must have a passion for learning and evolving with current technology trends. They strive to innovate and are relentless in their pursuit of a flawless customer experience. They have a growth mindset, helping our company leverage the cloud to deliver services with incredible speed, consistency and availability. They serve as mentors to the engineering and technical thought leaders to help with development of our current and future architects.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception, to inception, including: system design consulting, and capacity planning
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Participate and contribute to the development of the architecture community (committees, guilds, etc.)
- Work with leaders to understand business objectives and align architectures and cloud product offerings with those objectives
- Engage in communications across all areas of the organization
- Extensive experience in designs and consumption of various public and private cloud platforms, architectures, methodologies, and services
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation and software delivery practices and patterns
- Proficient with conducting Return on Investment and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Research and consult on public and hybrid cloud infrastructure and operational solutions
- Provide guidance on security configurations and risk and compliance procedures (Identity Management, Network Configuration, Data Protection, Segregation of Duties)
- Development of guidance around cloud platform best practices and standards
- Coordinate with engineering and architecture teams to ensure continuity of solutions
- Advise on best practices for improving operational processes
- Interpret enterprise class assessments (objectives, data collection, analysis, and reporting against objectives)
- Experience with BCP/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) patterns, practices, and designs
- Experience with Cloud based applications and their lifecycles
- Experience with Kubernetes and Containerization Technologies
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux Technologies
- Experience with VMWare or other Virtual Server Software
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and others
- Experience with operating system performance tuning, hardening, and troubleshooting
- Experience with TCP/IP L3 routing, L7 traffic management, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion.
- Ability to lead and work in projects
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.