Title: Account Manager (Remote)
- Location: Remote-US
- Category: Sales
- Job Type: Full-Time
Openly is one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs in the country, building a next-generation insurance company from the ground up. We’ve launched our homeowners product with great success in five states and are looking to expand into twenty-five states by the end of 2021. We’re paying close attention to the way customers want insurance to work, and questioning the way things have been done in this industry for over a hundred years – everything from how insurance is quoted and sold, to the frustrating back-end operations that waste money. Insurance is filled with interesting engineering problems that need a fresh perspective. You can watch our Techstars 2018 Demo Day video to learn more about what we’ve built.
This isn’t something we’ve undertaken on a whim – the founding team brings executive-level experience from Liberty Mutual Insurance and Goldman Sachs, with mastery in actuarial science, computer engineering, math, and finance (MIT, Duke, and the University of Michigan). The rest of the team are key early hires who are experts in their respective fields of statistics, actuarial science, and engineering.
We’re backed by a select group of deeply knowledgeable and dedicated investors. Our seed round was led by Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund) and Obvious Ventures, a socially-minded top-tier VC behind companies like Beyond Meat and Medium, led our recent Series A.
We are committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We want to encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status to apply.
Openly is looking for an Account Manager who is responsible for profitable growth specifically by maximizing sales production and strengthening relationships with existing agencies. This critical role operates within the Openly sales organization by collaborating with team members to execute onboarding support and account penetration that enables rapid adoption of Openly’s product, increases sales productivity and maintains account retention. Opportunities to join a team like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever growing team!
- Engage with existing Openly agent partners to enhance and maximize sales results
- Support existing Openly agent partners with developing marketing campaigns
- Develop creative sales solutions in collaboration with Openly agent partners
- Support Business Development Managers with larger agency appointments
- Collaborate with other functions at Openly to drive industry leading agent experience for Openly’s agent partners
- Someone with 1+ years of outstanding sales performance with an ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Someone who has a passion for helping partner agencies
- Someone with strong organizational, negotiation, and value-based selling skills
- Someone with strong oral and written communication with the ability to manage small 1-2 person audiences and also large, remote (on-line) audiences
- Someone who has a customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Someone with insurance product knowledge and the ability to gather additional knowledge rapidly
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM
- Someone with a property & casualty insurance producer license, or the ability to get one within the first four weeks of employment
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- Work-from-anywhere company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm