Do you enjoy any of the following?
- Solving complex problems.
- Reasoning about behaviour of distributed algorithms
- Experience with implementing non-trivial infrastructure code.
- Creating well crafted and thoroughly tested features, taking full-responsibility from the design phase.
- Paying attention to all aspects of code quality, from clean-code, to allocation-rates.
- Digging into mechanical sympathy concepts.
- Reading about database design and internals
- Delivering a technical presentation at a conference.
At Hazelcast you will work with the best engineers out there.
- Who delve into JVM code.
- Who implement and scrutinize garbage collection algorithms.
- Who take any piece of software and multiply its performance by applying deep technical understanding.
- Who regularly squash bugs in the depths of a JVM.
We are looking for people who can deliver solid production code. You may either work in our office (Brno, London or Istanbul) or code remotely from a home office. It is also preferable that you are within a few hours of the CET timezone as this is where most of the developers are based.
Skills & requirements
We would like you to:
- Be a senior Java engineer – including all aspects connected to it.
- Have and understanding of and interest in:
- distributed systems
- database design
- core java knowledge, such as the Java Memory Model
- Be skeptical yet always open to new concepts.
- Have strong opinions about software quality.
- Be an excellent communicator in written and spoken English.