Authentic Artists is using deep learning technology to power next generation music experiences. Authentic’s generative content platform will enable the efficient production of supermusical virtual artists for live streaming, the metaverse, virtual worlds, and beyond. Interactive and always on, Authentic’s artists will offer fans unique opportunities for real-time relationships.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to:
- Lead a small, growing team of engineers driving the next generation of interactive musical content.
- Develop new features and support existing ones in C++, Python, and Elixir.
- Make informed, high-level design decisions to guide the technical direction of the Authentic Artists platform.
- Manage the production and staging deployment of the generative music engine using Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes.
- Build and foster a culture of collaboration, engineering excellence and accountability.
Skills & requirements
- 8 yrs+ experience developing cloud-services-based scalable applications.
- 3+ years of experience with people management; ideally with remote engineering teams.
- Significant experience with Kubernetes/Containerization.
- Experience with ML infrastructure such as Tensorflow Serving.
- Proficiency in C++, Python
- Some experience with Elixir preferred.
- A proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in tandem with other functions including Audio Production, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and Executive Leadership.
- Working knowledge of music technology such as MIDI and OSC.
- Experience with game development using Unreal and/or Unity.
- Passion for music with performance and/or production experience and understanding of harmony preferred.
Remote Work Details
- We are a fully remote team HQ’d in San Francisco with team members currently in NYC, LA, Nashville & Austin.
- Work schedules are flexible, but reasonable availability for meetings and collaboration during core business hours is required, primarily via Slack and Zoom.
- Post-Covid, you should be willing and able to travel for 2/3-day team on-sites in SF/LA approximately once a month.