Description & Requirements
Enterprise Content Services is looking for a Entry – Level Technical Writer for the Banking Services team. The department of 40+ members creates the help systems and release documentation for most Jack Henry’s products, while the Banking Services team is comprised of 11 writers who mainly handle content services for Jack Henry Banking core products. This team focuses on content needs for Core Director, SilverLake, and CIF 20/20 core banking systems, publishing documentation from within a component content management system and authoring in XML/DITA.
As a technical writer, you’ll attend meetings, perform research, test software to determine features that need documentation, as well as translate technical information into procedures and videos that guide our users as well as Jack Henry staff. Technical writers play a big part at JHA and are a key link between operations, development, education, and external users. Jack Henry provides a strong opportunity for career progression not only within Enterprise Content Services but across the organization with the following being areas of where you could progress to: Technical Writer, Advanced; Information Architect, Project Manager.
This position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry Office locations: Springfield, MO, and/or Remote.
- Associate’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months of professional writing experience in a role such as Technical Writer / Technical Editor / Content Strategist / Technical Communicator / Content Developer / Content Designer / Information Architect / Web Content Writer or Specialist.
- Must have experience managing multiple projects.
- Must have experience in project and process management of a documentation set with any combination of help system manuals, user manuals, release documents, and/or feature documents.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend team meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
- Must have experience with structured authoring techniques in DITA and XML.
- Must have experience in content management systems and/or help tools (i.e. SDL Tridion Docs, Ixiasoft, XDocs, etc.).
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Identifies user needs and works with the customer base to resolve issues relating to documentation.
- Writes, publishes, and maintains high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Collaborates with Engineers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance staff, and UX designers.
- Manages the production and publishing of documentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.