GitHub is where the world builds software. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We’ve enabled over 50 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world. From NASA using GitHub to put a rover on Mars to Mailchimp working to improve email, to scientists using GitHub to take the first photograph of a black hole, amazing things happen every day on our platform.
In the midst of all this technological collaboration is a vibrant company culture, and design is at the core of it. It not only provides a fun work environment for our fellow Hubbers, but also delights our developer audience and inspires our largest enterprise customers. With your help we’ll continue building our team into an artistic powerhouse.
We’re growing our newly formed Brand Studio team at GitHub to creatively solve some of GitHub’s largest business challenges through visual design. We support the entire customer journey through a combination of data, instinct, and craft to increase brand awareness and affinity, build consideration, delight superfans, and drive sales. We believe the best design has a positive impact on a person’s life, so we put an empathetic understanding at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for a curious, talented brand/visual designer with exceptional online and offline campaign experience who’s passionate about building brands and telling the GitHub story.. We’re seeking conceptual thinkers with exceptional design skills to bring the biggest ideas to life while staying flexible in managing the fast-moving day-to-day design workload. You’ll work closely with your fellow designers and artists to collaborate with teams across marketing, product, sales and all of GitHub to create integrated, effective programs.
- Assist in translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and enable them to tell inspiring stories that drive measurable impact.
- Assist in developing brand systems, tools and processes that empower the Brand Studio team and external stakeholders
- Interpreting and defining a creative vision that meets business needs.
- Understand and appreciate strategy, defining brand characteristics, and help in establishing and documenting a vision for an entire company.
- Distill the essence of our company’s personality into visual communications that inspire our customers.
- Interpret technical features into easy to understand visual designs that effectively solve business problems.
- Obsess about typography, imagery, the interplay between words and pictures, and how all of this tells a story appropriate to the brand and our products
- Develop product and service communications such as event branding and signage, printed collateral, email campaigns, marketing collateral, sales support information, website product and landing pages and much more.
- Collaborate with product designers, web designers, and engineers to ensure the coherence of our end-to-end brand experience.
- Lead creative solutions across the customer journey, from brand awareness to purchase decision
[What about things like shop assets, events, social – what are the big things we need as a team?]
- Minimum of 5+ years experience; contributing to multiple omni-channel projects that ladder up to a larger creative strategy and business context
- Doer and leader, with a desire to understand the business context of your work
- Experience in developing the process/approach for tackling problems
- Strong facilitation and listening skills
- Possess strong empathy and compassion
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and a variety of projects, as well as an understanding of design principles
- Familiar with technology-driven creative environments
- Understanding of and appreciation of global B2B or SAAS businesses
- Self starter and egoless collaborator
- Should have general familiarity of GitHub (working knowledge / experience prefered.)
- Experience with Figma (or comparable program) and Adobe Creative Suite
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.