Customer Support Manager, Freelance
- Flexible / Remote
This Freelance/Contract role is partnering with our Whisk Product team within the Samsung NEXT organization working XX hours per week
Whisk is a food-tech platform that helps consumers turn food inspiration into action (buy, cook) through a shopping list and saved recipe box. Whisk has both a B2C side that’s available on multiple web, mobile and hardware surfaces and a B2B side which makes the Whisk platform available to some of the world’s largest recipe publishers, grocery retailers and CPG brands.
Whisk was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019 and is investing heavily in developing and scaling the platform, in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
The Whisk PM team is a team of 5 Product Managers. As part of Samsung NEXT, the team works alongside other PMs across the Samsung NEXT Product organisation.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung’s vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture – Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships – Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A – Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product – Building new software and services businesses at scale.
As Customer Support Manager, Consumer you will be responsible for managing all consumer inquiries ensuring prompt and accurate support services. You will be expected to maintain our high standards for customer satisfaction and communication measured by KPIs for customer health, engagement and satisfaction. You will do this for users in 21 countries that we support in 10 different languages (using support translation tools).
- Be the interface between Whisk and our users handling enquiries through many channels – including Customer Support tools, Email and Social Media
- Develop a thorough understanding of our company’s products in order to respond to customer inquiries and manage correspondence, acknowledging customer issues and provide solutions and/or alternatives in a timely manner
- When needed, act as the liaison between internal teams, working across the team to find solutions to customer issues while advocating on behalf of the customer for its resolution. You will interface with Tech / QA teams, Product teams, Design teams and Sales teams.
- Build and deliver the means to track, analyze and report on customer support KPIs to identify trends, inconsistencies and possible areas of improvement
- Continuously identify opportunities for improved customer experiences and customer education, providing feedback to Product on platform improvements, and write knowledge-based articles maintaining a growing repository of content
- Manage the tools needed to run our support operations, identifying improvements to ensure we are meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Develop and maintain customer support systems, policies, procedures, training and reference documentation
- 5+ years of experience in a customer care with the majority of time spent supporting software products
- Have the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Be detail oriented, well organized, able to work independently and possess excellent time management skills.
- Have fluent English language skills. Any additional language skills or experience supporting customers across multiple languages is a plus.
- Be a thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels (internal and external) that require both written and verbal skills.
- Be passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams
- Be self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment, and capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Have a strong understanding of leading customer support tools, ideally having implemented/managed one or more. Experience with Zendesk and Mixpanel is a plus.
- Location: Distributed
- The role is working with a globally distributed team across US and European timezones.
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.