Tier 1 Call Center Representatives to begin work remotely from home on a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) FEMA contract for a temporary period of approximately 2-4 months. Representatives will serve as a direct point of contact for individuals registering for federal assistance and seeking relief program referrals via the call center. You will respond to inbound calls and must have solid verbal, as well as strong typing skills to collect and provide accurate data entry. Must be available to work between the hours of 6:00 am to 10:00 pm (EST), Monday-Friday.
Qualified Candidates Will Be Required To:
- Conduct all calls with patience, tact, and courtesy to determine needs, and provide instructions and/or referrals.
- Enter information into FEMA’s Windows-based computer database as required, while following instructions and conducting a scripted interview.
- Provide phone number and agency referrals as necessary for applicable secondary support organizations and other assistance.
- Perform additional duties assigned based on FEMA’s level of support to the event. Examples include but are not limited to: Registration Intake (RI), Helpline (HL), Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA), tracking donation offers from the public, or COVID-19 related duties, as assigned.
- Participate in orientation and training sessions related to work responsibilities and security protocols.
- Attend all scheduled shift meetings to receive event specific information prior to beginning shift.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience supporting government call centers; particularly with DHS is preferred.
- Display excellent communication and customer service skills and exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications, such as reading, writing, and speaking English or Spanish fluently.
- Have knowledge and experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows based environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and 18 years of age or older. ***Lawful permanent residents are not allowed.***
- Must be able to pass a routine criminal background check for public trust security clearance.
- Bilingual English-Spanish candidates strongly desired.