Principal Product Marketing Manager
- Remote, United States
Hi, I’m Dave Wilt, Head of Product Marketing at Puppet.
I’m looking for a Principal Product Marketing Manager to be part of a team that is defining modern infrastructure automation. We are looking for someone who loves product marketing: from research and messaging to marketing programs and sales enablement. We want someone who loves getting to the heart of a matter, solve interesting problems and make an impact as an individual and member of a team.
- Learn and communicate buyer and seller needs for your solution areas
- Develop solution messaging that is clear, compelling, crisp, differentiated and targeted
- Lead GTM including launches and programs across product, services, sales and marketing
- Stay close to technology trends, competitive moves and buyer alternatives
- Create marketing and sales content to drive interest, understanding and urgency
- A storyteller with excellent writing, visual and oral communication skills
- A GTM strategist, tactician and collaborator to help other teams be successful
- A seeker of facts to inform positions and of social proof to convince others
- A synthesizer of concepts and examples who can quickly distill main ideas without over-simplifying
- Eager to tackle technical subjects and able to recognize what level of depth is needed for success in a given topic or tactic
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, scale-up environment, where every day brings new challenges and the need to intelligently adapt
- Constantly improving, experimenting — trying to be a better marketer while helping Puppet become a better company
- 3+ years’ experience in cloud and hybrid infrastructure management. Ideally this includes depth in one or more of the following: infrastructure security, compliance, configuration, orchestration, and/or DevOps principles.
- 5+ years’ experience in product marketing to the enterprise with a proven ability to drive compelling buyer-facing content for top, middle and bottom of funnel
- Proven depth in one or more of the following: services marketing, upsell/cross-sell/customer marketing, evangelism & thought leadership, demand gen, account-based engagement
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
- Visa Sponsorship
- Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.