Project Specialist (VitalWare)
- US Remote
- Full time
- Job Title: Project Specialist
- Team: VitalWare
- Location: US Remote
Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
- Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
- Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
- Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
- Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
As part of the Health Catalyst mission to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement, we are so excited to announce the addition of Vitalware team members, revenue cycle management products, and solutions to our family.
The Project Specialist supports the Vitalware PMO department. The Project Specialist is responsible to manage the scope, schedule, budget, execution and delivery of product development, client implementation, and company-wide project initiatives. The Project Specialist will also own and administer the tools used in our project management environment, including but not limited to Smartsheet and Confluence. The Project Specialist may work directly with clients and/or vendor partners and be responsible for ensuring projects are implemented within contractual obligations and established timelines.
The Project Specialist must possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills; and be a highly organized self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The Project Specialist must have the ability to critically and autonomously think through business problems; identify goals, dependencies, and gaps; and efficiently facilitate the execution of tasks through to completion. The Project Specialist must also have the capability to develop and maintain solid understanding of core project management technologies in use at Vitalware, and act as the tool subject matter expert and administrator in some cases. This position takes direction from the Manager PMO.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple Vitalware projects and align resources, manage the project scope and schedule; execute and deliver.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the creation of project status reports, project documentation, and financial reporting.
- Monitor and report progress towards project milestones and deliverable completion.
- Assist with creating documents/polished slide decks to guide meetings.
- Manage risks, dependencies, and constraints.
- Deliver customer and business value.
- Develop and communicate expectations and success measures with the team and partners.
- Lead and/or contribute to internal process and standards improvement initiatives.
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Strong Microsoft suite experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio).
- Strong client-facing experience.
- Experience using project management software solutions such as MS Project or Smartsheet.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Project Management.
- Project Management certification.
- Healthcare revenue cycle technology implementation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Arts, Science or Technology.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and maximize the organization’s use of the tools.
- Experience in project management with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven success working in a complex environment with bias for action and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and scope requirements; and effectively prioritize and execute deliverables.
- Ability to gain trust and influence across stakeholders including engineering teams, business teams, and client support teams.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and/or projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment in a team and individually.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.