- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
For over 10 years, The Infatuation has reviewed restaurants. And until recently, that was the sole focus of our editorial approach. As you might suspect, the past six months have made that pretty interesting. In addition to adapting and rethinking the way we write about restaurants, we’ve also expanded our editorial scope to start writing about cocktails, wine, and other areas in the food and drink space. Some other areas we’ll be covering include beer, coffee, and home entertaining, but that’s just the start.
We’re looking for an experienced editorial leader to lead this effort, who will build a team and content strategy around food and drink recommendations and education, reporting to The Infatuation’s Editor In Chief. The ideal candidate has management experience at a publication, and has worked in the areas of lifestyle, culture, and service journalism. A passion for food and drink is definitely essential, but it’s OK if you haven’t explicitly worked in food media previously.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you’re an entrepreneurial editor who’s excited by the idea of building something new, without a blueprint, for a diverse audience. You should have a pulse on what’s new and interesting in the world of food, drink, and lifestyle. We are driven in this endeavor to produce content that is inclusive of diverse voices and perspectives, and which is relevant and compelling to a diverse audience.
In addition to your work heading up the Recommendations side of The Infatuation’s editorial team, you’ll play a top leadership role on our editorial team at large. You’ll help shape The Infatuation’s overall content strategy, and you’ll closely collaborate with our Editorial Director, Restaurants and Editor In Chief.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Develop a content strategy around recommendations and education in the food and drink space for The Infatuation.
- Build a team of full-time hires and freelancers.
- Work with our Editor In Chief and Editorial Director, Restaurants to shape The Infatuation’s overall content strategy as it evolves.
- Collaborate with our Partnerships, Video, Audience Development, and Business Development departments.
You’re A Good Fit For This Role If:
- You’re an editor with experience in lifestyle, culture, or service journalism. Experience with commerce-oriented service content is a plus.
- You have management experience – you’ve had direct reports, helped with professional development, and conducted performance reviews. Experience building and/or leading diverse teams is a plus.
- You’re passionate about food and drink, and always want to be learning more about them.
- You’re motivated by the idea of building something from the ground up.
Benefits & Perks:
- We’re currently working remotely and are flexible on location for this role
- One-time reimbursement for home office expenses
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- FSA for medical expenses
- 401K program
- Parental leave
- Flexible time off – we encourage everyone to take at least 13 vacation days a year
- Closed the last week of the year to rest and recharge
- Friends of The Infatuation membership