Title: Sales Training and Education Consultant
- Location: United States
- This is a remote based role so the candidate can live anywhere in the US
Careers That Change Lives:
Imagine playing a role in changing what it means to live with Aortic Stenosis. Come be a part of Medtronic’s fast-growing Structural Heart (SH) business. This fast-paced, high visibility Transcatheter Aortic Valve Business is working with individuals and organizations around the world to rethink the status quo—so we can take healthcare Further, Together. We are seeking a highly skilled, US focused, Sales Training Strategist to join our Global Field and Therapy Development Team (GFTD). Come and build upon our innovative product portfolio by educating our sales force on selling techniques and ways to best engage customers in discussions around this meaningful innovation. Use your creativity and passion to lead the strategic selling direction of our product portfolio. Leverage your TAVR selling skill experience to develop and deliver sales training curriculum to new and existing employees in the US.
In this role you will provide educational and sales curriculum development expertise to ensure the safe adoption and growth of the Medtronic Evolut Pro+ System and future catheter-based therapy technologies. You will be a part of a highly skilled and passionate GFTD Team and will work with cross-functional teams to include sales leaders, Senior Technical Leads, Professional Relations, R&D, Upstream and Downstream Marketing and Sales Effectiveness Team to drive US field effectiveness, adoption of best practices, field sales training and market leadership in the SH market.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
Please click here to see an overview of the products in our Transcatheter product portfolio.
A Day in the Life:
- You will partner with other GFTD teammates to ensure consistent delivery of sales training curriculum in the US
- You will partner with US sales leaders to ensure understanding of their geography specific market dynamics and learning needs, and modify sales training programs to meet those needs
- You will work with US TAVR Sr. Mgr, Global Sales T&E Strategist and other teammates to ensure geo specific training plans are in place that include implementation of a Train-the-Trainer (TTT) model with FCLs where appropriate
- Maintaining excellent communication and organization of the most up-to-date materials in a centralized location for FCL access will be critical to the success of a TTT hand-off model, so superb organizational skills and program management experience is required
- You will participate and assist with all new hire sales training programs as part of the new hire global sales education pathway
- You will assist in the creation of advanced sales training programs, POA Workshops, and Competitive Selling Modules on a continual basis, assessing current field-facing issues, then delivering selling workshops that are designed to proactively sell the advantages of our products over the competition
- Recognizing and understanding competitive products, industry trends and SH/CVG portfolio to include competitive selling talk tracks into all training curriculum will be a primary focus of your role
- Staying current with therapy growth trends, society guidelines, and market dynamics will be critical to your successful assessment of future learning needs and recommendations for ongoing enhancements to curriculum
- You will provide strategic insight to GFTD Director for continuous evolution of all SH training programs
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years experience in a Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Training or Technical role that involved training in the medical device or healthcare industry (8 years with Advanced Degree)
- Technical aptitude, specifically in Transcatheter and/or surgical valves and/or the clinical environment
- Previous experience with content and curriculum development following Adult Learning Principles
Nice to Have:
- MBA or Masters
- Previous experience with training a medical device sales force
- Clinical experience in an interventional/cath lab/surgical OR
- Experience with clinical trials and utilization of clinical papers in sales conversations with physicians
- Previous peer and physician education experience
- Leadership development, coaching skills training a plus