- Parent Team
- United States
- Full time
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet in a home and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo, and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners – they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
About the Open Role
Prenda is hiring experienced Product Managers that will be responsible for guiding product strategy and crafting experiences for our Students, Guides, and Parents. Prenda is a 100% remote company, but teams get together quarterly to meet in person.
Prenda believes in a Human-Centered approach and empowering autonomous product experience teams to prioritize work and deliver value to their customers. You will be working on a cross-functional team with a user experience designer and software engineering team who all share the same focus: developing empathy for our internal and external customers through qualitative and quantitative research and using that knowledge to consider what problems to solve and how best to solve them.
We are looking for Product Managers who are experienced, empathetic, data driven, and results-oriented. Our Ideal candidate is someone who is relentlessly curious, isn’t afraid to question conventional wisdom, and is open to the best solution regardless of its source.
Who you are committed to being
Prenda is a values driven company and we are seeking candidates who are committed to living our core values.
- Start with heart: Caring about people and a passion for learning are more important than transcripts, certificates and pedagogy.
- Figure it out: Everyone has the potential to become a capable problem solver. When we rob students of their struggles, we rob them of their victories.
- Dare greatly: We discover our gifts and purpose, then courageously tackle the big goals ahead of us. When the call to action is scary, we embrace the struggle, ask “why not?” and keep moving forward.
- Foundation of trust: Trust is the only way humans can learn and build together. We think about trust in every interaction and do everything we can to increase it. Am I trusting others? Are my words or actions inviting others to trust me?
- Learning > comfort: It’s tempting to avoid risk, stick with what we know, and hide from new and challenging frontiers. We seek the real learning that comes when we step (or leap) out of our comfort zone.
What you’ll own
- Driving product mission, vision, and strategy to enable our customers on the Prenda Students, Guides, or Parents team
- Prioritizing and setting the outcomes with your team that align with the overall company vision and that continuously deliver value for the customer.
- Discovering customer needs and balancing those with Prenda’s business objectives
- Designing research strategies to cost-effectively test proposed solutions and minimize risk, while continuing to learn and deliver
- Facilitating product design, engineering and other experience-team members through problem solving to create innovative solutions that are viable, desirable, and feasible
- Communicating plans, progress, goals, and challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Bringing best practices and methods to the team to level up our practices
- Resolving and reducing issues and bugs in collaboration with engineering
Experience you’ll need
- At least 4 years of product experience
- Ability to identify new and impactful business opportunities.
- Experience designing mixed methodology research, mapping qualitative to quantitative data, and using synthesis to drive powerful insights that drive progress.
- Ability to lead user research and human-centered design efforts.
- An analytical approach to and history of testing and understanding the performance of experiences and new features.
- Strong leadership, decision-making, and collaboration skills including the ability to gather, organize, share and orient multiple groups around an objective.
- Experience facilitating autonomous, cross-functional teams with a strong sense of accountability and communicating on a technical level with engineers and designers.
- Strategically defining and/or leading product experiences with an understanding of competitive markets.