Title: Director, Customer Success Management
- Location: Remote, US
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
Our Director of Customer Success Managers help fully onboard our CockroachDB customers and lead them to fully utilize its potential, lead them to production, allocate resources, and alleviate roadblocks. We believe that in order for a Customer Success Manager to be successful, they must have a good understanding of database technology, the overall stack, and infrastructure that CRDB operates within. They must also possess excellent customer facing and consultative skills, with the ability to understand the customer pain points, define success criteria, critical milestones that lead to production, and project plans for success. The CSM will be a trusted advisor to the customer and thereby in collaboration with Sales, must understand how to get deeper and expand the account while preventing churn. Location is flexible for this role but you will be covering accounts primarily in the US.
- Help build the Customer Success Management process and lead the effort to build out the CSM team, as well as act as a player coach owning your own book of accounts.
- Partner with the Vice President of Customer Success in defining the strategy for renewals, adoption and retention.
- Own the overall technical relationship with assigned clients, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
- Utilize your technical skills to demonstrate value to customers and drive sales growth.
- Understand the drivers for the customer, define use cases and success
- Collaborate with the customer to define production date, milestones required to achieve delivery date, project plan and resource management
- Upsell services offering for Cockroach Enterprise Architect and Services packages
- Partner with the Cockroach Labs Sales Account team (Account Executive, Solutions Architects) to identify opportunities for new usage of Cockroach Labs across organizational functions.
- Develop and implement best practices, processes and tools which can continually enhance Cockroach Labs’s Customer Success Program.
- Understand how our customers are utilizing CRDB solutions and collaborate with Product on how additional features can be leveraged to increase functionality
- Function as a technical point of escalation for all customer related issues; ultimately responsible for the ownership and execution of tailored get-well plans while partnering with technical account managers and technical support to drive quick and efficient issue resolution
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and assess where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe it’s important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, and engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be working very closely with the VP Customer Success and Head of Technical Account Management, to define repeatable processes for delivering white glove treatment to our customers and a methodology to reduce Time to Value bringing our customers into production.
- Strong experience with customer facing roles
- Strong experience leading and delivering on renewals, adoption, and retention.
- A basic knowledge of databases, distributed systems, and modern enterprise software architecture.
- 4-6 years of experience as a team leader, Customer Success Manager, Project Manager or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Successful track record of driving product adoption and expansion through understanding the customer’s current (and future) database requirements.
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.