- Full Time
- Product Delivery
- Mid Level
This position can be located anywhere in the United States and Work From Home on a permanent basis is supported.
The Technical Writer is responsible for writing and maintaining documentation for PrismHR products. The Technical Writer works closely with Product Managers and SMEs to develop customer-facing content and uses MadCap Flare to author and publish online help and release notes.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Author content using MadCap Flare.
- Research product information by attending standups and working with Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Managers, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Leverage tools such as Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, and TestRail to understand issues and develop documentation.
- Capture end-user and administrative tasks performed in PrismHR products and their expected results.
- Manage documentation drafts and the flow of information during development and testing.
- Collaborate with teammates.
- Participate in Agile development processes and influence product enhancements based on customer needs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage PrismHR documentation with varying priorities and deadlines within bi-weekly/monthly sprints.
- Use revision and source control effectively within a team setting.
- Act as an ambassador of collaboration within and across the organization, sharing knowledge in areas of expertise.
- Other duties or projects may be assigned as needed.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn, analyze, understand, and communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Technically curious and motivated to understand PrismHR functionality.
- Ability to prioritize while taking direction from management.
- Proactive at removing impediments with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure and adapt to shifting deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- BS/BA in related fields such as Computer Science, Communications, English, or Technical Writing.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Technical Writer for complex software systems, preferably in a SaaS or web-based environment.
- Experience with Visio or other flowcharting software.
- Proficiency with MadCap Flare is required.
PrismHR is a fast-paced SaaS company which provides customers with a cloud-based payroll process software application. PrismHR also provides professional services including system implementation consulting, custom configurations, and training. Lastly, via the Company’s Marketplace platform customers and end users access other human resources and employee benefits applications from PrismHR’s Marketplace Partners.
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply