Director of Content Marketing
The Director of Content Marketing will produce compelling and relevant content that delivers thought leadership, engagement, traffic and leads, driving acquisition and customer retention.
The ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional with a strong writing background, excellent story-telling skills, and relevant experience developing content that appeals to revenue professionals (i.e. sales, marketing, customer success, etc.). You will have a working knowledge of SEO, so that content you and your team develop is optimized for search terms that lead folks to Chili Piper’s website, calls to action, etc.
To be successful, you’ll create a clearly defined content marketing strategy as well as relevant content, managing scalable, performance-driven campaigns that engage, educate and service our customers throughout their lifecycle.
The Director of Content Marketing will have a keen sense of what types of messages, stories, conversations, and engagement models make sense with different audiences, roles, and levels in marketing, sales and customer success teams.
Your goals are to drive the growth of marketing qualified leads, pipeline, and revenue as part of our demand generation efforts. You will promote Chili Piper’s offerings, making it the preferred choice among revenue teams across the many industries that we serve.
- Develop a content marketing strategy for Chili Piper that drives brand awareness, sales enablement, lead generation, customer engagement, sales and customer retention
- Develop editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan/calendar to meet the business objectives at reasonable cost
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SEO. You should be able to talk shop about the domain rating of an inbound link with contextual relevance and semantically-matched anchor text.
- Create, write and produce compelling and relevant content that supports the roll-out of new products and features and drives thought leadership and product understanding through blog posts, press commentary, whitepapers, infographics and social media posts
- Develop industry and account-specific content to drive account-focused KPIs
- Lead content creation, review, and publishing of marketing conference / trade show materials, sales / pitch decks, emails, newsletters, product brochures, landing pages, videos, webinars, infographics, blogs
- Liaise with PR partners to develop story themes and byline topics
- Track key market trends and competitive messages to influence the content creation strategy and create the necessary content to address key trends and competitive positioning with POVs, insights, proactive statements, strategic stories, etc.
- You’re up for the challenge. When others want to run for the hills, you want to dive deeper.
- You’re ready to make your mark by writing the story to be told about the next generation of sales and marketing tools with a company that’s not afraid to break the rules.
- You’re human-centered to the core. You truly understand people and are fueled to deliver content tailored to suit their needs.
- You get sh*t done. You’ve worked with small, scrappy teams and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have experience creating and managing high-quality content to support B2B marketing teams.
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years of marketing experience, including strong strategic planning and content development in the sales and marketing tool space required
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Business, Communications, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Skill using multiple techniques to advance marketing and business development objectives: client engagement, written communication, thought leadership, website, digital and social media, proposal development, public relations, market research, client relationship management, and measurement and analytics, among others
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Excellent knowledge of tools like Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and Hubspot with the ability to identify, develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive informed decision making and refining social media and content strategies
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and express them clearly; superior written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of digital and traditional marketing, B2B, communications planning, graphic standards, corporate identity management and internet/mobile publishing
How We Work
- Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all-hands meeting on Zoom
- Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
- Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
- Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.