Customer Care, Senior Manager
- Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Customer Care to lead, build, and develop BetterUp’s global support function. BetterUp’s Customer Care team is responsible for providing best-in-class, high-touch support to the partners, members, and coaches on our platform. Reporting into the Director of Network Operations, the Senior Manager of Customer Care will be responsible for up-leveling our support processes and tools to create unforgettable and seamless coaching and product experiences. We are looking for a data-driven, action-oriented leader who is excited to scale a world-class customer support function. As a key operational leader at BetterUp, we are looking for someone that will lead by example, exemplify our values, and inspire a team of highly driven care associates to impress themselves on a daily basis.
We are currently over 230 employees and are about to embark on an exciting rapid growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you and you would like to be part of that growth, please apply.
- Define KPIs to monitor success and progress of the Care organization.
- Build a common set of practices and principles for the Care team to adhere, including processes related to ticket intake, ticket resolution, escalation and incident management.
- Proactively define and evaluate BetterUp’s support experience, including mapping out best practices and areas of improvement needed to meet evolving customer needs.
- Recruit, manage and develop a best-in-class, global Care team capable of growing with BetterUp’s rapidly evolving and demanding organizational needs.
- Grow BetterUp’s customer support culture internally by strengthening channels of ongoing collaboration with Customer Success, Coach Operations, Product, Engineering, and other company stakeholders.
- Leverage data on issue trends to identify and cascade opportunities to continuously elevate and shape partner, member and coach experiences on the platform.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to consistently explore new tools, technology and vendors that may improve productivity and/or elevate customer experience.
- Collaborate with our Data Security and Privacy leaders to develop and maintain data security guidelines and best practices that adhere to the strictest laws and regulations.
- Negotiate and oversee vendor contracts, including Zendesk and our international outsourcing partners, while cultivating strong business relationships.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Proven leader with strong people management and coaching skills
- Expertise in Operations, and more specifically Customer Care
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence outcomes across various people and teams including Operations, Product, Engineering, Post Sales, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and create a vision and plan for the future
- Exemplifies operational grit and willingness to roll up sleeves when needed
- Works to learn and is a student of the business, proactively building relationships and identifying opportunities for Care to drive larger impact
- Obsessed with delivering a world-class customer experience
- Playful, doesn’t take themselves too seriously
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.APPLY FOR JOB