Digital Content Specialist – Supplemental
Why Mayo Clinic
Did you know Mayo Clinic has a college? Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (MCCMS) offers more than 400 higher education programs with an enrollment of over 4,000 students and trainees. The college has a web team that is modernizing and managing the digital experience for prospective students, as well as current students, faculty, and staff. We work on our public website (https://college.mayo.edu), social media, and internal (intranet) sites.
This digital content specialist position is a hands-on web content role on the team. We’re looking for a content strategist and writer who is interested in flexible hours and will enjoy:
- Web content strategy, writing, and editing for our educational programs on https://college.mayo.edu
- Consulting with program directors and college staff to evaluate web requests and identify solutions
- Writing for email, social media, and search engine marketing campaigns
- Updating college intranet pages that provide information to current students, faculty, and staff
- Working directly in our web content management system (similar to WordPress) to publish new and updated content
Our current team of professionals has expertise in digital content strategy and creation, social media, user interface design and development, user experience research, digital analytics, and search engine optimization (SEO).
This position is entirely remote with no need for relocation.
- The Digital Content Specialist has primary content development responsibilities in support of the MCCMS Digital Team’s content strategy, including:
- Developing creative digital content solutions that build MCCMS brand strength, meet goals for student/trainee recruitment, and improve satisfaction for current students/trainees, faculty, and staff
- Writing original content that drives engagement on websites, email marketing, social media, and other channels
- Editing content provided by subject matter experts within MCCMS schools and programs
- Ensuring effective use of various content types (text, images, video, audio, infographics) based on audience needs
- Coordinating photography shoots with Mayo Clinic creative staff
- Contributing to the development of video assets, such as writing scripts or storyboards
- Creating social shareable content assets, including blog posts, infographics, and listicles
- Capturing stories in the field at MCCMS events
- Ensuring all produced content meets quality standards and maintains consistent messaging and voice
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of experience developing content for websites, social media, and other digital channels required.
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and experience with writing search engine optimized web content. Strong editorial judgment. Experience with web publishing, basic HTML markup, and content management system (CMS) applications. Experience with basic image manipulation and preparation preferred. Interest in user-centered design, web usability, digital marketing, and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Must be able to work effectively in a consensus-style, collaborative, and changing environment that expects and promotes teamwork. Must be self-motivated, flexible, creative, and have a bias for action. Must bring a customer service mindset, enjoy complexity, and be adept at solving problems. Must be able to manage and drive forward multiple projects, balancing competing deadlines and priorities. Must possess the ability to inspire trust and confidence, and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $31.78 per hour.
- Supplemental/On-call/Per Diem
Hours / Pay period
This is a supplemental hourly position with a variable workload of up to 25 hours a week, depending on work unit needs. While there is no set schedule, you will be expected to complete assigned work on agreed-upon deadlines. Deadlines may range from a couple days to a few weeks. You must also be available to participate in occasional virtual meetings or conference calls about assigned work.
- Administration, Business, Finance, IT and Engineering, Support Services
- Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.