Ready to create some magic?
Our marketing team is growing and we’re looking for a Content Marketing Writer to join our pack. This position is best suited for a skilled writer and storyteller, experienced in SaaS and/or video industry with a strong sense of strategic direction. This is a fast-growing market, so the trends are quick to shift and we need to be able to confidently refocus when needed.
We need someone ready to start contributing without a steep learning curve. Content writing is at the core of this position, so a love for writing is an absolute must. You have to be, what we like to call, a “Sponge Writer”, which is someone who can write in many different styles and voices as needed. Someone who is an intuitive communicator and is able to “read the room” when it comes to writing for our audience.
The right person will help us execute our content strategy by supporting our Content Marketing Lead’s everyday tasks: from content planning to publishing and everything in between.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, and growth-oriented. We’re happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About the role:
This person will support our existing Content Marketing Lead by splitting the workload and expediting delivery, focusing roughly 70% of the time on creating various pieces of content, from blog articles and video scripts, to ebooks and downloadables. The remaining 30% will be split between managing and editing contributing articles, with a small piece allocated for some miscellaneous tasks and team meetings.
This is a full-time remote position, and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- 1+ years of experience managing content
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor, or content manager)
- Experience with SEO writing and keyword research
- Experience writing/editing scripts for videos and podcasts
- Experience working with WordPress
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- An impeccable sense of grammar, spelling, and punctuation (American English)
- Creative writing style and ability to generate excitement in a copy (take a potato and turn it into Pringles)
- Genuine interest in the online video market
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- An intuitive writer and communicator
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience writing/editing scripts for videos and podcasts is good to have but not a disqualifier
- Degree or relevant experience in Marketing Communication, Journalism, or similar
- Experience in OTT or video industry in general (Nice to have but not a deal-breaker)
- Good sense of content trends
- Ability to predict and identify gaps in the market
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with a contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Join an amazing, creative, and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connectivity.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development