Twilio is seeking a Staff Accountant to be a key contributor on our General Ledger Accounting team, reporting to the Accounting Manager. This position will ensure our prepaids, accruals and other GL transactions are accurate and will partner internally with Finance & Accounting teams to understand what improvements can be made to our processes and anticipate accounting impacts. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their passion for process improvement to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast-growing company.
Twilio’s Accounting team is a well-rounded group who work closely with each other and leaders across the various groups within the company. You will be successful if you have the following:
- 2+ years in public accounting or at a fast growing company with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, month-end close processes, operational and accounting procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and work proactively and independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Team player with strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with large ERP systems (Oracle/SAP) and other general accounting applications preferred. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- CPA License preferred.
As a Staff Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document business procedures as processes evolve, and document learnings from meetings and interactions with various groups.
- DON’T SETTLE: Identify and assist in facilitating process improvements to increase internal efficiencies.
- BE AN OWNER: Perform monthly tasks related to month end close and reporting to management.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist management with projects related to the prepaids and accruals; meet deadlines in a high volume-fast paced environment.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.