Be part of the solution
As an R&D Software Developer you will have the opportunity to work on new software solutions using the latest technology, using your findings and demonstrating your solutions to shape where GD-MS goes in the future.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team that have adopted an Agile framework, you will take part in the design and implementation of our solutions.
A typical day for you in the role will include:
- Modelling software components and interfaces to maintain the software design.
- Delivering high quality working code in line with requirements/stories.
- Active participation in the Agile development process.
You will bring your experience of software design and development to the team and have the opportunity to propose and create new and novel solutions across a diverse range of technical challenges. You will have exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, allowing hands on development and working as part of an agile team, allowing you to focus your talents whilst working alongside experienced and highly-skilled engineers.
You will also bring experience in some of the following:
- C++ / C# / Java / JS / SQL
- Linux Programming and Scripting
- Virtualisation and Cloud deployment
- Web based frameworks and technologies
- User Interface Design
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so this role could either be based working from home or within our offices in South Wales or Chippenham depending upon your preference.