We’re Ampcontrol, an AI-powered software for electric vehicle (EV) charging.
We’re team of engineers and energy experts, building the new way of EV charging. We help companies to install more charging stations for electric vehicles and to build intelligent electric fleet systems. Our cloud-software is used around the world and has received major industry prizes. We’re based in Europe and in the U.S. and are venture backed with leading investors from around the world. We are a remote-first team with current members in Berlin, New York and other locations in Europe.
🌎 Our Mission
We’re on a mission to help the transition to 100% electric vehicles.
We believe in a future of self-managing, reliable, and affordable charging for companies, fleet operators, and humans on our planet.
💻 The Role
- You’ll be responsible for building, maintaining and improving our backend system, including the core optimization system and our customer facing APIs
- Develop our Python3/Flask API further, with an eye on performance and scalability
- Work with data scientists to build a stable and powerful architecture for ML-applications for real-time optimization
- Build, maintain, migrate databases and accommodate time-series data
- Write clean and easily maintainable code for our optimization engine with a focus on reliability and scalability
- Work very closely with other developers, data scientists, product management and sales
- Contribute to the improvement of our software architecture and development process
- Keep in touch with new and upcoming technologies and be eager to offer new solutions
⭐ You have
- More than 2 years of professional experience in software development
- Solid experience in Python programming
- Experience in at least one cloud computing platform
- Experience in SQL
- Working knowledge of advanced logging, monitoring, metrics and alerting
- A good understanding of DevOps tools and methods, including end-to-end testing
- Fluency in English for verbal and written communication is required
- Comfortable working in remote environments
- Motivation to work on electric vehicles and sustainability
📚You’re willing to learn about
- IoT Hubs and IoT protocols
- NoSQL and time-series databases
- Docker and Kubernetes
- The electric vehicle charging domain
- Working with and transforming code written by data scientists
North America or EU