- Part-time Consultant (20-30 hours per week)
- Location: Remote
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is redefining student achievement in diverse communities across the country, ensuring that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high-quality work. We create great public schools where they are needed most, inspiring teachers and students to achieve more than they thought possible.
EL Education’s portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on decades of deep partnership with schools and districts in our national school network—those implementing our school model—and in our family of literacy partners—those implementing our Language Arts curriculum.
Based on our founding principles of meaningful work, character, and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage, and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world.
EL Education, a 501c(3) nonprofit, was founded in 1992 by Outward Bound USA in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Project Manager, Consultant works with the Director, Virtual Services to support a grant-funded, year-long project. This would include oversight and management of grant outcomes, projects, and timelines. The Project Manager, Virtual Services will track project spending against the grant budget, coordinate internal and external meetings with all stakeholders, take meeting notes and track next steps, provide support in distribution of programmatic materials to schools and stakeholders, and provide overall management support.
Note: The consulting contract is from January 2021- November 2021.
Specific responsibilities include:
Planning, logistics and coordination management of Grant proposal and budget
- Track grant outcomes, project timelines, and budget
- Manage grant-logistics, schedule internal and external meetings
- Create agendas, attend meetings, take notes, and track next steps and deliverable
- Manage materials/supplies delivery and ordering
- Communicate with internal colleagues and external partners
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Handle logistics for internal and external meetings
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- Highly proficient in technology tools including the Google Apps, use of online calendar, MS Office Suite, Salesforce and web-based collaboration tools (e.g., Google Hangout, Adobe Connect)
- Strong communication skills including internal and external audiences
- Ability to track multiple priorities
- Ability to handle fast-paced work flow
- Self- starter with initiative
- Basic understanding of the education profession, workings of school districts, etc
- Experience in event planning or logistics
- A minimum of 2 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred — ideally with background in communication, business administration or education
- 2-3 years of project management experience with increasing responsibility
- A passion for EL Education’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex, deadline-intensive projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and stakeholders
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial, and flexible professional approach
- High detail-orientation
- Ability to prioritize a number of concurrent tasks
- Service oriented mindset
- Comfort with working remotely by oneself and collaboratively
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed organization
- Professional demeanor
- No travel. Remote
- Competitive rate.