Title: Sales Manager – Business Development Representatives
- Location: Americas
Shopifys innovative products and vast reach change the way commerce is done, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify s growth story. We re looking for an exceptional sales leader who will be a key player on the Shopify Commercial team responsible for leading a team of business development representatives. We re merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to see entrepreneurs and brands succeed.
We are on the hunt for a leader that will help scale the teams responsibilities and grow as individuals this could be you! As a BDR team lead, you will be responsible for monitoring the team s activity levels, coaching them to success and driving the business forward. You will be tasked with building processes, iterating for efficiency, and help drive the overall team strategy. We re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You ll have the chance to make a real difference in the world of commerce, be your authentic self, and have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the business.
- Recruit, develop and coach a high performing team
- Work with Sales Leadership to build processes, playbooks, and success metrics of your team
- Experience with regular call coaching as well as team metrics and results – managing for performance
- Liaising with Marketing and Data internal stakeholders on funnel optimization
- Manage team functions and rituals: stand-ups and 1:1s, coaching plans, team building activities etc.
- Develop a highly scalable yet personal qualification outreach strategy
- Utilize quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- High energy, high integrity leader; able to motivate, inspire and drive results through professional and clear communication
- Track record of excellence and achievement in sales teams
- A data-informed leader in making all decisions, especially those related to helping improve the sales process and lead generation
- Ability to work cross-functionally on high impact projects from ideation to completion
- Understanding of how to build successful teams and a culture of excitement and commitment
- Prior experience building reports in SalesForce
- Understanding of the tool GONG and its functionality
- Demonstrated success in coaching, providing timely feedback and mentoring sales teams
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us your application! We’d love to hear how you think you can make an impact.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify’s commitments.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.