Headquartered in Hamburg, Wunder Mobility is a fast-growing mobility tech company with offices in Germany and California and backed by investors from Europe and the US. Wunder provides turn-key solutions that enable companies and cities worldwide to provide clean, convenient, and accessible mobility. Cities and companies in 100+ locations across five continents use our platform to launch and scale new mobility services, manage and finance fleets of shared vehicles, optimize daily operations, and improve urban planning and traffic management.
Wunder technology is used by almost 100 clients across the world, including German, Japanese and American OEMs, VC-backed startups, and cities. Our global team of almost 150 professionals includes veterans from the tech and mobility industries from 50+ countries.
Wunder Fleet, under the umbrella of Wunder Mobility, specializes in white-labeled, fleet management software – enabling any company to start their own car-, bike- and/or scooter-sharing service. Our Fleet product includes fleet management backend systems, the customer-facing frontend, and Android and iOS applications for direct rental of vehicles. Our Wunder Fleet unit is looking for a Senior PHP Engineer-Infrastructure (m/f/d) who is willing to take their skills to the next level by joining our amazing Engineering team – the core of our product and organization.
What your role will be
As Senior Backend PHP Engineer – Infrastructure (m/f/d) you will join the WunderFleet team during an exciting time of growth. You will work within a team to envision, design, and implement high-level designs and technical requirements for Wunder Fleet. You thrive in a challenging and changing start-up environment, are always pushing for the best product possible, and delivering impactful solutions.
What you will do
- Design and develop REST APIs that ensure fast and smooth product development
- Collaborate with iOS and Android engineers to develop new features for our products
- Deliver new features with high-quality and high-speed
- Technical development of backend with modern web technologies
- Enhance and expand your knowledge of software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Improve and extend the existing infrastructure and automate processes
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Manage own project requirements, deadlines and quality
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of previous programming experience
- Excellent knowledge of backend software development
- Good knowledge of AWS technologies: EC2, Beanstalk, RDS, S3
- Technical understanding of REST APIs
- Proficient English language skills
What gives you bonus points
- Experience with YII2 framework
- Payment Integration Experience (Stripe etc.)
Joining the Wunder Team means…
â€¦being part of a team that celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression. You will find yourself surrounded by talented people who are passionate about what they do and who feel empowered and trusted to take ownership in their roles. We are growing quickly in a challenging industry, which means we act smart and work at a high speed.
We are able to do this because of the agile, adaptive, and supportive environment we work in, with an aim to grow with people who share these values and are better than ourselves. As part of Wunder, every day is a new chance for you to make an impact and help us be better than we were yesterday.