Onboarding Program Manager (Remote)
United States | Full Time | Business Transformation | Experienced
Imagine Learning is a fast-growing ed-tech company providing supplemental digital curriculum for PreK through 8th-grade students. Our adaptive suite of Literacy, Math, and Assessment solutions are powered by the Imagine Learning Language AdvantageTM; a theory of action that promotes rigorous and equitable development of language, enabling students to have deeper comprehension, engagement, and enjoyment of learning. Our purpose and belief is that every student deserves the chance to enjoy learning and the right to fulfill their unique potential.
The Program Manager is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of assigned programs, primarily large-scale, cross-functional initiatives. As an integral member of the Business Transformation team, this position will lead efforts to improve our tools, design processes, enact change and drive decisions based on data. The program manager will meet stakeholder expectations, add the intended business value, and aligns with our business and product strategy. A program manager at Weld North Education is a key contributor to ensure transformational improvements take place to increase scalability, functionality, and cohesion across teams.
What you will do:
- Manage strategic initiatives across multiple business units to successful outcomes on time and within budget – including planning, resourcing, progress tracking, communicating and reporting.
- Lead the definition of scope and program objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the teams. Translate goals and objectives into iterative deliverables for implementation based on a realistic understanding of effort and capacity.
- Balance competing factors (risk mitigation and issue resolution, dependency management, highest-ROI, etc.) and manage the gaps and interfaces between workstreams to effectively maximize impact of the program.
- Identify, review, and work with vendors or other outside resources to meet program needs.
- Provide leadership and oversight on various projects of a highly complex nature. Responsible for planning, developing, and executing schedules to ensure timely completion of program deadlines and milestones as well as assurance that the program is meeting all the needs of their business sponsor and delivering the intended business value.
- Be vigilantly aware of the status of critical elements of the entire program at all times, communicating program status and risk to relevant stakeholders, team, and partners, including up the management chain, escalating further when appropriate on trade-off decisions. Identify and monitor risks and develop response plans when necessary.
- Provide senior leaders with portfolio-level transparency into status, dependencies, issues and risks across projects and programs
- Ensure the intended outcome and value of programs are well-understood and communicated to stakeholders and the teams responsible for delivering the program expectations.
- Serve as a “collaboration catalyst” between all stakeholder departments.
- Be an agent for change promoting, enabling, and supporting changes to how the organization and program team operate in order to accomplish defined business value.
- Adapt to changes as they occur over the lifetime of complex programs, remaining focused on delivering intended business value.
- Gather, analyze and utilize quantitative and qualitative information to build context, inform decisions, define program health and provide insights.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or a related field and 6+ years of successful delivery experience within the SaaS technology industry, preferably in the Educational Technology industry
- Demonstrated Program Management skills including resource allocation and management, risk management, project finances, and partner / contract management.
- Thorough knowledge of process and service design.
- Experience with online project management tools.
- Experience of working, influencing, and networking within a matrix organization.
- Ability to cope with change; shift gears comfortably; decide and act appropriately.
- Critical thinker driving teams to high-quality results with the ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and formulate alternate solutions.
- Data-driven, analytical thinker.
- Proven ability to build team cohesiveness, lead, influence, and motivate cross-functional teams to achieve challenging goals.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, communicate complex concepts and issues to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, ability to be self-directed and be able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- PMP certification, PMI Agile Certification, Masters Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) preferred.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence preferred.
- Understanding of cloud-based Web Technology preferred.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to specifications a plus.
Perks of the job:
- Purpose – do something more than just make money — here, we impact the lives of millions of kids through education.
- Company security and growth – We’re privately owned by Weld North and Silver Lake Partners – a private equity group specializing in scaling companies, which has $39 billion in combined assets under management and committed capital. Their current investment portfolio includes large, high-profile companies like Alibaba Group, Tesla, Ancestry, SoFi, Dell Technologies, GoDaddy, SolarWinds, Symantec, and us!
- Benefits – World-class health, retirement savings, and wellness benefits for you and dependents.
- Recovery time – Paid vacations and a yearly schedule built around educators.
- Culture – Quarterly team activities, and the most genuine and fun coworkers you’ll ever have.