The Linux Foundation Training and Certification team seeks a product-focused engineer to assist in the creation and delivery of exams for flagship open source technologies such as Linux, Kubernetes and Hyperledger.
We are a small, cross-functional team responsible for the implementation and support of performance-based exams which we compose with technologies we love (Hugo, Packer, Terraform and Ansible). We also design, implement and support the bespoke delivery platform (Python and AWS services) which delivers our exams to thousands of candidates every month.
If you are knowledgeable and passionate about the technologies which The Linux Foundation fosters and thrive on learning new technologies as they join our expanding portfolio then you will find a great niche within our team.
Some cool projects that we need your help with:
- Updating exam technology versions to reflect real world use
- Modularising exams to simplify testing and delivery
- Extending CI/CD pipelines to test our automated setup and scoring scripts
- Creating a simulated experience for candidates to sample exam questions and the exam environment
As a distributed organization, we provide you the unique opportunity to design your life alongside your passionate commitment to business outcomes.
This is a remote position, with team members in the US, Europe, Japan and Australia. For this role we desire a 6 hour crossover with the CST (-6) timezone.
- Deep experience and a passion for open source and cloud-native technologies — such as Linux and Kubernetes — as well as the desire to learn new technologies as they join our portfolio
- Excellent collaboration, written communication and time management skills, facilitating efficient communication with experts from around the globe
- Expert knowledge with infrastructure as code (we use Git, Packer, Terraform, and Ansible)
- Hands-on technical experience managing cloud services at scale (we use EC2, Lambda, and Step Functions)
- Strong focus on CI/CD and other product delivery practices (we use CircleCI)
- Proficiency in at least one program language (we use Python)